Chapter XXIV: Where Did It Go Wrong?

A/N: More Getō Suguru spoilers, can you guys tell that I like this man?

Splish.. Splash..

(Y/N) fluttered her eyes open, expecting to have the arms of her lover around her and in the comfort of the comforter that always provided her and her lover warmth during the coldness of nights. Except when she awoke, she woke up to the sound of water trickling down, creating a 'splish-splash' sound. She propped herself up, noticing that she was in a place that was filled with complete darkness. It was quiet and desolate, except for the water that trickled down from up above. 

She furrowed her eyebrows together, as she stood up. Confused and a little anxious, she eventually built enough courage to approach the area of where the water was trickling down on. Using her heightened hearing, she no longer needed her sight and simply used her auditory perception to look for the area. She kept walking until the sound was exactly in front of her, (Y/N) opened her eyes and to her surprise, she was no longer enveloped in total darkness.  

"Satoru

"Satoru.."

He was laughing his head off, and along side him was Getō Suguru. It was the seventeen year old Satoru, who had no worries, no sense of responsibility and only thought of himself. And the person he had his arm slung on was Getō Suguru, his best friend, the only friend he ever considered to be a real 'friend'. Your heart clenched at the sight, confused why this was being shown unto you. You could hardly remember the last time you saw Satoru laugh that hard, that's right, when was the last time Satoru laughed that hard with a friend?

After Suguru's betrayal, the facade he had put up was like a veil that was put on an area where spirits needed to be exorcised. True intentions hidden behind that child-like behavior, laughter to hide that he was hurting too. The trauma that he had dealt with throughout the years, no matter how hard he had tried to hide it behind that happy-go-lucky attitude- you knew he had regrets, several of them. 

No matter how hard you tried to pinpoint where it went all wrong, you couldn't find it- the exact moment where everything went haywire. Was it your hospitalization? Was it Amanai's death? Or perhaps, it was the fact that he had to kill his own friend- his only friend? Satoru throughout the years, loss that childlike sparkle he had in his eyes. He loved you the same, his arrogance, the belief he had in his skillset- those never changed.