CH.2' Unknown

The place was warm but had an eerie feel as I shouted for someone to hear me. "Hello? Can anyone bloody hear me?" My croaky voice called out. My throat was as dry as a bone since there was no water. 

A few moments later, A door opened abruptly and snapped me out of my thoughts, and out came a man that was quite short but my eyes were bleary, a beard that was trimmed neatly and a bandana. "Holy fuck, she lives." A smile was painted across his thin lips. 

"Excuse me? Where the hell am I?" I asked, feeling quite uneasy. 

"You're in Berlin, baby." The man replied with a smile. 

"How long have I been out for?" I questioned with hesitation in my voice.

"A week. Name is Woods, Frank Woods." He stuck out his hand and I met him with mine. 

"Nice to meet you. Now can I get out of this fucking bed, my back's aching." I tried to push myself up for better back support. 

"Ad!" Woods shouted and a voice came from the opposite side of the door,

"Give me a minute, Frank." The voice replied. It was deep and musky, and somehow that made me feel even more scared.

Frank uncuffed me and I sat up the best I could. My back cracked in three different places and the relief was something euphoric.

"Who is Ad?" I wondered, my head pounding and my ears ringing.

My stomach hurt like hell, and I tried moving a little more but I was unable. I lifted my shirt to see the white, thick bandage wrapped around my abdomen, the blood showing up ever so slightly. 

"You were stabbed, take it easy," Woods set me back down onto the bed as I groaned. "It would be worse if you didn't have as much morphine in you now." He laughed and handed me a plastic cup of water. My throat felt a hell of a lot better after that cup of water. 

A man came in through the door with slicked back hair and a record breaking smile. "You're lucky to be alive. Alex Mason." He stuck out his hand for me to shake it and I refused for a second.

I lifted my hand hesitantly and gasped at the pain in my back. It felt like someone stabbing my back and running a knife across it. 

"Lay down would ya." Woods shouted almost playfully but being at ease was not exactly easy. 

A bald man followed Mason and nodded at Frank. He was tall, slim but seemed built underneath the black suit that had no wrinkle to be seen. 

"My names Jason Hudson. Where did you come from?" His stone cold voice led no longer into a conversation. It felt like trying to get blood out of a stone.

"I wish I could remember," I rolled my eyes and moved myself up towards the pillow and wincing at the pain once again.

"I was running from a camp I was at. I can't remember- why can't I remember?" Panic overtook my body and my head felt wheezy.

"Calm down," Mason reassured me. "The man you ran into? I'm not surprised if you got a little more head trauma than we thought." A small giggle left his mouth and Frank sniggered at his comment. 

"Who did I run into?" I wondered, taking a sip of water.

"Russell Adler, pleased to meet you." Perfect timing, I thought. 

A tall, slim but built man walked in with a the most softest looking hair and aviators. He looked incredible, mesmerizing.  

But wait, Stitch, camp, Vikhor. What?

"No, no, get me out of here now." I tried to move but I was scared. Adler. He looked so innocent, so clean. 

"Woah, what's wrong with her?" Adler rushed over and grabbed my hand lightly. His hand was soft and it felt fitting as warmth gathered over me. 

"Amor, calm down. Where are you from?"

"Don't fucking call me that, he did." Adler rested himself beside me and I tried to move away but I failed miserably. Was I to trust this man? After everything I was told? My chest felt so heavy and sore. 

"You're Russell Adler," I rubbed my eyes and winced.

He nodded and turned to face Jason, Alex and Frank. "You. You made him blind. Stitch, stories, kidnapping." The whole room at a echoey silence after I said those words out loud.

"Adler, what the fuck is she on about?" Frank pushed Adler and Adler pushed him back. I fell asleep unexpectedly from the exhaustion and pain all over my abdomen.

----
My eyes had slowly adjusted to the bright lights in the room as I could barely keep my eyes open from the tiredness and too much morphine. 

"Wake up." Adler nudged my arm.

"Get the fuck away from me now. Or I will run, or at least try to." I sighed, pushing myself up onto my top pillow. Credit to the hospital, the bed was unbelievably comfortable. 

"You've got several stitches in your stomach and if that knife had been an inch to the right, you'd be paralysed for the rest of your life. Count yourself lucky."

Those worlds left me breathless. "Where did you come from beautiful?"

"I.."

"You can tell me." He shifted himself onto my bed and sat down beside my legs.

I couldn't help but notice the scars on his face. They were a part of who he was clearly, and it suited him, which was probably bad to say. 

"I remembered leaving because I had had enough of being ruled around. As I tried to leave, one of them stabbed me and I kept running into the forest. I had an offer from MI6, and I considered taking it and that's why I was running. Then I guess it was you I ran into since the colour of your coat right now."

"You hit me like a brick hits a wall and knocked yourself out. Be careful next time." He rested his hand on my knee and squeezed lightly. Surely what Stitch said was bullshit right? This man had taken care of me since I ran into his chest. 

Adler took his hand and traced the bruise along my forehead.

I flinched away but he made a reassuring gesture to make me feel more comfortable.

"What camp were you at?"

I groaned at the pain when he pushed his finger into the bruise to see if it would hurt.

"Sorry, beautiful."

"Fucking Stitch," I groaned.

Russell looked at me with a shocked expression and it disappeared inside a few seconds. His fingers went to my hospital gown to look at the wound underneath.

"That's fine, go ahead." I nodded my head and groaned at the movement. His fingers traced the freshest bandage the nurses had wrapped me in and his facial expression had nothing but empathy written all over it. 

"I'm really sorry, take it easy."

"It's fine." I rolled down my gown and pulled the blanket over me. A comfortable silence filled the room as Alder pulled the blanket up over my arms.

"Rest up," He looked at the chart above the wall, "Bell. I'll talk to you in the morning."

"Goodnight, Adler."

"Goodnight, Bell."

The conversation left me wondering many things. If anything Stitch said was true, if he was lying or if Russell was putting an act on. So many things roamed my mind until my eyes closed and my dreams flourished on. 

----

The night felt long and lonely. My stitches hurt, my head hurt and for some reason I couldn't get Russell fucking Adler out of my head.

He was something else. A standing piece of art, those scars, the stubble, his tallness, everything, shit.

I thought about all the things Stitch said about Adler, and I started doubting myself more and more each minute. Was this the right Russell Adler? Sweet, caring and somehow gorgeous?

There was no noise and suddenly there was a knock at the door, making me jump out of my skin. I had become so jumpy and uneasy.