CH. 9' Park and Sims

TW: vomit

I hesitantly told Mason some things that came back to me as the days went by. The emotions I felt as I experienced the memories coming back. I found if difficult since all of it was still foggy and part of me felt like I didn't know who to trust. I mean, they all seemed trustworthy, but maybe I was just used to being backstabbed. 

"I remember waking up with blood on my pillow at some point. It feel back off the metal table but after after it goes blank," I twiddled my fingers and pulled at my ring. 

Mason leaned back and crossed his arms as the lines on his face scrunched. Mason looked tired and I didn't want to bore him.

"Then I remember finding these documents. It was something important but I can't put my finger on it yet. I need to remember." I sighed heavily.

"Can I tell Frank this?" Mason asked, lifting his soda.

"I guess. As long as neither of you tell Russell." I gave him a hesitant look with a worried smile.

"Trust me, we won't. I see how you look at him, Bell. We aren't blind." Mason smirked.

"I know. I don't know what way to feel about him." I rolled my eyes and kicked my leg up on the chair, crossing my arms and looking to the ceiling.

"It's entirely up to you, and whatever happens between you and Russ. But I'm not a huge fan of him." Mason gave me a concerned look.

"I get you. I'll see what happens,"

Mason nodded and then sent a warming smile. "Should we get back soon?" Mason shook his head in return and pointed his finger at me.

"No, I can think of a bar I want to take you too. It's good fun, plus you need to forget this all for a while. Frank will meet us there. Just give me a minute." He got up and went to the phone in the corner of the room.

"Hm, drinks. Sounds good to me," I laughed a little and the server came up to me and asked if I was finished.

"Yes, I am, thank you." I gave him the cash and he left just as Mason was coming back.

"Frank said he'll meet us there. Russell cleared it and told us to be back for nine."

"Three hours of drinking? Sounds perfect." Mason cackled and we left for the bar.

"How long have you known Russell? Seems like a while." I shoved my hands in my pockets as we strolled down the quiet street. The sun was starting to set and people were at home, eating food with families. It was peaceful and Berlin was truly beautiful. 

The sky was something unspeakable. Ripples of bright orange with darkened purples rippling through the clouds.

"A while, yes. Hudson contracted us together. That bastard has been rough for a while."

"Hudson, I don't think I like him." Looking down on my feet and back up at Mason who had his hands in his jacket.

"I don't think many people do. I'm pretty sure those aviators are surgically attached to his face."

I couldn't stop laughing and by the time I did, my stomach was aching. "He took them off once at the interrogation. Put them back on two minutes later." I laughed again and so did Mason.

We met Frank at the bar and we were already having a few beers.

"You remember documents? Intel?" Frank took a long swig of his beer and then groaned.

"I can't remember what was in the documents or Intel, but it was something that was important anyways. If I remember, I'll tell you, but either way? I don't know right now."