CH.24' The Man

*five months ago*

The lights were blurring and everyone's bodies were grooving against each other with the rhythm of the music. The guy with the turntables blurred some classic 70s as we came around the back and clocked four guards in the back of the head.

"You think there is more?" Portnova spoke as I dragged one of the guards and threw him into the metal lockers. Blood was pooled across the floor.

"Ah shit," I sighed as I took some tissues from the table and started wiping, throwing them in the locker with the body. Some streaks of blood were spotted on the floor but I ignored them. "Garcia said he saw two on the main side of the room, four spread across the North."

I called into my radio on my chest, "Wraith, anyone on the east side of the building?"

"Nada. Three on the west but stone took care of them." I looked over to Portnova as she looked at each of the security cameras and shut them off one by one.

Portnova had the brains and the skill, but could be pretty useful when she wanted to be. Didn't take shit from anyone and held herself upright all the time. I myself didn't know her that well, but she seemed to be a decent enough person. Portnova looks at herself as a threat on and off the grounds. Phenomenal at mathematical problems.

She looked at me and nodded, switching off the whole system. Outside in the club fell dead silent and the gasps of people echoed through the dancefloor. I even heard one scream, "Where did the music go?!"

"Stitch, green to go." I muttered down the radio and Portnova rushed out followed by me, watching Stitch and Wraith rope down the skylight and break the glass onto the crowd of people.

"Stone, Wraith, I swear if you kill anyone but the guards, I'm out," I growled as I looked at Stone who was pointing his 1911 at a citizen.

The citizens were absolutely petrified as they screamed and hugged one another on the wooden dancefloor. "Please don't hurt us!" A woman screamed.

I could see Wraith walk up to her and the look on the woman's face looked horrible.

"Wraith, stand the hell down," I went over to her who stood with annoyance on her face.

I could see Stitch at the corner of my eye who was frantically running around, looking at all the citizens as Garcia and a few others locked the doors and made sure no one left and no one entered.

"Listen here citizens!" I shouted across the room. "We are here for one person only. Russell Adler, if you are here, you have one chance to get your ass over here." I juggled the 1911 in my hand as Stitch came over to me and stood tall.

"He isn't here, Bell. Let's go." Stitches voice sounded hazy and sore as he pulled my arm which hurt.

"That fucking hurt. Be careful."

"Sorry, Amor."

My name. Amor. Stitch called me it pretty much all the damn time. Part of me didn't mind it, but then I got pissed when he called me it too much. I pulled away and walked out the front doors, suddenly hearing the sirens coming from all ends of the streets.

"To the side! Now!" Portnova shouted as her and Garcia, followed by Stone, made a break for the side entrance. Stitch followed suit.

I ran behind them, losing my grip on the handlebar of the door and slipping forward. Stitch ran on until I seen him look behind and noticed me struggling to get up.

"Come on! Bell!"

I eventually got up and ran on, missing one of the posts by a couple of inches and meeting Stitch at the rendezvous point along with the rest.