CH.29' Your blood

"Shut the fuck up." I whispered aggressively to Frank who was cracking jokes in the middle of a stealth mission.

Multiple Soviets were hanging around the perimeter while some where gathered around the middle. I couldn't make out what they were saying at all from my stance. They were huddled around a fire, drinking beer and playing cards.

"Mason you take the one on the left. I'll take the right. I'll wait on your shot."

I could see the Soviets body hit the ground with a thud as Frank dragged him and I popped the second one in the matter of a millisecond. Frank dragged the other body around the back of the camp.

We walked up closer towards the camp and could see three of them around each point.

"Frank, take one, Mason take two, I'll take the third one on the left."

"Copy."

"Copy."

Three of them fell at the same time with no noise whatsoever. I looked over and there were only a couple left which we cleared and eventually made it to behind the tall trees.

The camp fire was lit wildly and about six Soviets stood or sat down on long logs. "Only these ones left. They should have something worth talking about."

Mason took out two, so did I and Frank. "Russell, they have been cleared." I radioed in and waited on his reply.

This mission went as smoothly as we could've wanted and we were happy with that. "Check everything. Exfil in twenty."

We all swept every inch of the campsite which didn't seem to have any blueprints or Intel until I flipped a log over to reveal some white paper and an envelope.

"Maybe there is something worth talking about," I sighed and grabbed the envelope with a pair of gloves while my other hand held a brown folder. I shoved the envelope into the folder and handed it to Mason. "Don't let that folder out of your sight."

Mason nodded and headed to the North side of the camp site.

"Adler, we found something. Exfil now, north side."

"Copy." Adler replied with a steady tone.

"Frank! Get your ass over here!" Mason shouted.

I turned around to look at Frank who was running chaotically from a snake he'd pissed off. I nearly buckled over laughing.

"Help me Mason!" The snake was still slithering after him until Lazar stood on its tail, not allowing it to go anywhere. He lifted it by the head and threw it away from everyone and it didn't bother coming back for round two.

-----

"He what?" Park was almost rolling with laughter while Frank sat in the corner sulking about the snake.

"Fucker wouldn't leave me alone!" Frank growled and rolled his eyes.

"It was just followed by Bell shouting at Frank to shut up." Adler spoke and let out a huge belly laugh.

"Stealthy mission and Frank screaming, well, they don't exactly go well together." I couldn't help but laugh as Frank rolled his eyes.

My mind drifted off while I was speaking to the others. It had become a really bad habit and I wasn't sure how to get rid of it. Sometimes I'd drift off into memories or else drift off into absolutely nothing.

The PTSD was getting too much so I was prescribed pills. I had basically become Mason.

A part of me knew it was somehow disgusting to think that, but I couldn't help it. Seeing Mason and the way he was would tear me in half after every episode and now it's tearing him in half seeing me.

I felt a small tap on my shoulder which startled me. "You alright, Bell?" Mason had sat down beside me for some time but I hadn't noticed.

"You seemed zoned out."

"I was, sorry." I looked down to left hand tugging at my right hand aggressively. I didn't mean to start this habit but a part of me couldn't help it.

"Don't be. Can I speak to you later?" Mason asked.

I nodded and he sent me a reassuring smile but what was he going to say? I kept questioning it once again.

I went outside to get some fresh air. The crisp, winter air was thin and dry in a way. I shivered and felt the goosebumps rise on my arms.

Adler joined me out on the porch with a cigarette in his hand. He offered me one which I took kindly.

"How are you holding up?" His soft eyes muddled straight into mine which sent a shiver up my spine. I hadn't been affectionate towards him as much, and he noticed and took offence sometimes.

"To be honest I just keep living those days in there. I keep feeling the phantom pains on my back, I keep drifting off and I'm losing myself," I looked down to the ground and anxiously kicked a bit of dirt. A part of me didn't want to look at Ad.

I felt his arms wrap around me and pull me in as I dropped the cigarette and stood on it with my combat boots. I returned the embrace and for the first time affectionately, I wanted it. I wanted him to hold me, kiss me, take me as his. I felt a tear drop down my left cheek.

This hug lasted a while and I didn't realise how much I needed it when my heart fluttered a bit.

I knew someday soon I'd have things sorted out and I'd know what I was doing because at this point, staying with the CIA or Nato was killing me slowly.

-----

It was dark and cold as the leaves in the jungle dripped with rain. The smell of wet mud, sloppy brown boots and irony of blood, Wraith walked slowly as the slurp of the mud interrupted the silence.

"I'm tired of this shit, Stitch. Let's just fucking leave it." Wraith mentioned to Stitch who was too busy camping out on two guys that were holding a krig each.

"I'm not letting Amor go. No fucking way." His strong accent gave Wraith chills. She wasn't long being back from London with absolutely no luck on Bell and Russell Adler. Her real life nemesis. Bell? Not so much. Wraith always had a soft spot for Bell, always thought she was sweet and hearty. She deserved better, thought Wraith.

Stitch looked over to Wraith with a dirty look. "Don't give me that eye, Wraith or I'll find you at the barrell of this gun."

Wraith looked at Stitch coldy and looked down the sight of her gun once again. It's the last thing she wanted to do.