CH.5' Memories

I could hear shuffling in front of me as I opened my eyes from being slightly disturbed. I slept pretty well knowing Adler was there and I was safe from anything and anyone.

Adler was sitting slouched on the couch with his mouth open ever so slightly, little snores escaping every few seconds. He looked peaceful and calm.

My legs were stiff as I tried to get up, failing once again at the whole no movement thing. Woods came into the living room and chuckled at me.

He whispered, "Come here," He took my hand and grabbed me up. "You don't listen, Bell. You need to sleep somewhere comfier next time."

"I know. Don't wake him, he was up most of the night,"

Woods rolled his eyes and put his arm around mine to bring me to my room. "What was that bet about last night, hm?" I questioned, smirking at him.

Franks' face almost went purple. "Absolutely nothing you need to worry about." He nervously chuckled and set me down lightly on the bed.

I nodded and laughed, "Surely sounded like something, Woods."

"You have a doctor coming in about an hour to check up on your wound and see your state. I suggest you get some rest, Bell."

"Yeah, yeah. So you all keep telling me." I groaned. 

Woods left and I sat in bed with an ache in my stomach and anger ripping around me.

If I hadn't got that offer from MI6, I might be okay and not have a wound. I softly calmed down when I realised I wouldn't have met Adler or this team. I was in better hands, and I knew this place was already feeling like home to me. 

I laid back and my pillow slipped off the side and suddenly it felt like something hit me in the back of the head.

Past
Stitch found me. I worked on my own and he took me in from a head wound. The pillow had blood on the side and fell off the bed.

I felt like I couldn't breathe. My memory was always foggy when I first worked with Stitch. I was warm and felt unamused by the smell of breakfast in the kitchen.

"Fuck I want some food," as my stomach growled.

I kept replaying the small memories in my head, unsure of what to make of them. To be honest, I had no clue as to why I couldn't remember the rest, it always seemed cloudy.

A small and light knock at the door interrupted my thoughts.

"Come in," I said and a sleepy looking Russell walked in with a grin. "Morning." I giggled.

"G'morning. There is some breakfast freshly cooked if you'd like me to bring to the kitchen."

"Please, I'm starving." He nodded and helped me up, linking my arm with this. The smell of tobacco came off his jacket and left a puzzled look on my face.

"Where did you go? Who brought you to your room?"

"Frank did. He noticed me and brought me back here."

"That's alright," I reached the kitchen and sat down with a glass of orange juice and some breakfast. "Your movement seems to be a little better."

"It feels a lot better. I'm not in much pain but it's still there." I ate my breakfast and Mason came in.

"Good morning to you all." Mason sat across from me with bags under his eyes and he generally didn't look great.

"Good morning. You look tired." I said and he rolled his eyes.