Chapter 37' Human

Everyone felt stick to their stomach whilst boarding the train to Amsterdam. The busy station made it difficult to think straight. 

"I don't know if I can do this, Frank." Frank stopped me and put both his hands on my shoulders and gave me a reassuring look.

"Of course you can, Bell. We've got a long journey ahead of us right now, so let's focus on that first. Alright?" 

I nodded and gave Frank a hug. He really wasn't a hugger, but he pulled me in tight and sighed. We were so tired of this battle, and seemingly we were getting close to finishing it. 

Eventually, all of us got in our booths and sat patiently on the train leaving Berlin station. Adler, Mason, Frank, Mat and I were in booth 324, whilst Park, Sims, Lazar and Keith sat in booth 325. The train ride was just short of seven hours and we had a layover four hours into the journey. I was dreading every moment of sitting there with countless scenarios in my head. 

Barely a word was spoken. Frank locked the booth door on near arrival as we checked our ammo, guns, grenades and some other things we brought. None of us wanted this to go tits up. 

Mason handed me out a cloth for my 1911 as I wiped it down to reveal the shine and glimmer. I handed it back and put it in my leg holster. Since it was Berlin, we all had our NATO jacket or badges on to show we were alright to have leg holsters. Also the fact we didn't want anyone to see them without our badge which could've easily ended in panic amongst everyone. I could suddenly feel Russell's hand squeeze mine and then I realised I was bouncing my leg up and down quickly. 

The train slowed a way down and we could see the sign for entering Amsterdam. I felt so sick, so uneasy as the train puled up to the platform. We were meeting Hudson there and he was to take us to the warehouse there.

When we set up in the warehouse, Mat took all his stuff out and got straight to work whilst I spoke to Hudson. The nippy air was sore against my skin as I zipped my coat up and spoke to Lazar who was typing stuff on the warehouse computer. 

"You ready for this, Bell?" He spoke with his thick accent. 

"Not at all." I laughed nervously.

I was afraid old memories would appear or else something else would get in the way but I wasn't going to let that happen. I couldn't let it happen. 

"We've got them by the balls," Lazar laughed and took a drag of his cigarette. "We are all here to back you up,"

I nodded and looked over to Mat who was writing coordinates down on a blank sheet of paper. "We'll be heading out soon. Make sure your guns are loaded, Bell. This could very easily go tits up." Lazars strong accent spoke loudly. I found it interesting how we were all from different places and we worked best as a team. It was voiced we all missed Lazar. We were all a family. 

"Lawrence!" I yelled from across the warehouse. 

"Yes, Ma'am?" 

"Don't be a smartass." I laughed and rolled my eyes. 

"You know I'm only messing with you." He laughed.

"Can you make sure everyone is ready. Mat has got us coordinates on Portnova's position."

"Yes, of course."

There we were, loading our guns and getting into the van. Adler sat beside me whilst Mason faced me. "We've got this. Mason and Frank, both take lead. Sims and Park, you're at the back with me, Mat and Adler, middle. We can't let this go tits up." I cocked my gun and let Lazar drive the van.

In our respective positions, we checked each corner carefully and covered each others backs.

"Bell, approach the door slowly. Portnova could be just through it." Park spoke to me from the back.

I nodded and let myself take a deep breath. 'Don't rush this.' I thought.

"Listen to me, all of you," I spoke quietly and softly. "No shooting her unless she shoots at us. The room seems clear, but I have no intention of hurting her. Is that clear?"

"Clear." The team said in unison.

The building we infiltrated was small, and not many guards were covering the perimeter. Lazar kept behind us all with a suppressor on his sniper and had sight a clear visual on us.

I opened the door slowly and put the nose of my gun inwards out the door. I could see three or four guards. "Adler, I can see three. Lazar, take out the one on the left, Adler take the one on the right and I'll take the one in the middle." 

Perfectly, a sharp, quiet sound pounded the room and the guys head blew half way across the wall. Adler quickly and swiftly took out the right whilst I rushed up and stabbed the guy where he won't die but will most likely not be able to move for a while. 

We entered the room one by one and quietly pushed up to the front. There she was. Red hair, tall and slim. "Yirina," 

She turned around and widened her eyes, shocked and stunned. "I'm here to have a chat." 

"What the hell are you doing here, Bell? And how did you find me?"

I gestured to the chair and she sat down. "You don't conceal coordinates very well, Yirina. Do better next time, you're smart, but not that smart."

My team stood tall behind me and kept their guns focused on the flaming red head. "What do you want?"

"I'm not here to hurt you, Yirina. I am not Stitch nor will I ever be. We are starting to know the whereabouts of most of DGI and Warsaw."

"You're lucky," She laughed and crossed her legs. I pulled my gun on her head and soon enough she stopped laughing. "Tell me what you want." 

I took the gun away from her head. "Positions of all Warsaw operators. Also, tell me a little more about Naga."

"His name is Kapano Naga Vang. Former warlord and drug lord for the cartel. He has multiple places distributing his cocaine lines and Stitch seen him as a valuable asset to DGI and Warsaw because of his brutality. He is the one that wants to wring your neck, Bell. I suggest you stay away. Wraith has came close to getting you and your team but has failed his expectations. Trust me, you don't want to get on the wrong side of Naga."

"Keith?" I asked. Keith had stayed back at the warehouse with Hudson but I wanted to see what her reaction would've been. 

She raised an eyebrow. "Yes?"

I laughed. "Stitch underestimating my power and skill once again. Keith is on our team now, Yirina. Don't question it, but maybe it's enough to show how weak Stitch and the rest of you are."

Adler walked up and took stance. "Where are the others, Portnova?"

Once she give us more information, we got ready to leave. "We will have eyes on you quite often, Yirina. Don't fuck anything up or you're dead."

"Stitch can't let this go, Bell."

"I know. Thank you for cooperating." I nodded and begun walking out of the building. Frank laughed and nudged my arm. 

"That went a lot better than expected. Drinks on me tonight." I smiled and rushed over to Adler and laced my arm around his. 

Maybe we were finally getting close to ending the battle against Stitch, and I was ready more than ever.