CH.28' Call it What You Want

The doctor looked at my back in digust as I could see her reflection on one of the large lights in the nurses room.

"I know it's gross, now can you stop pulling that face?" I sighed and rubbed my temple with great pressure. I could see the movement of her face change and her cheeks burn red.

"I'm sorry." She murmered under her breath and scurried off in a hurry.

Adler looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Take it easy, Bell," I rolled my eyes at his comment and shooed him away. "I'm not going anywhere." He said with a stern tone.

His tall body took me completely and every part of him was amazing. His toned muscles through the black shirt he was wearing and those eyes were to die for. The beautiful sculptured man would take you by surprise anytime.

Another doctor came in with some gloves, a long white coat and a tray of instruments. "The nurse was telling me that the stitches are ready to come out. Your bloods came back a little bit low so another blood transfusion is going to be needed. Other than that, you're a walking miracle." The grey haired, fifty something doctor spoke with a happy tone which set me at ease but I wasn't ready for the pain of the stitches.

A couple of weeks ago when they found me, I'd lost a lot of blood and needed five blood transfusions. Now that'll make six in total. I wasn't that bothered if it kept me alive.

"When is the next transfusion doc?" Adler asked curiously with his hands in his pockets.

"I'd do it today but I think the stitches might be too much and we want to send Bell on her way with some morphine drip. Maybe next week? It isn't urgent but the cell count is somewhat low."

I nodded and wiped my itchy nose. "Can we get started doc? I want to be home soon."

"Of course."

---------

"FUCKING HELL!" And the last stitch was took out. I tried not to shout but it just felt so painful as he pulled it.

"That's you Bell, take those scars easy. They are still raw and a little red. A few more weeks and you shall be good." The doctor spoke as the morphine was dripping from the large see-through bag.

"Thank you doctor. I appreciate it. I'm sorry about the cursing." I giggled a little and sighed about the blunt pain that was ripping across my back.

"Listen, it's all good. We get far worse in here but under your condition and the stitches? No need to worry." He laughed.

We soon left after and scheduled an appointment for the blood transfusion. "You done well today. I'm proud of you."

I turned the key in the sedan and drove off back through Berlin.

"Thank you." I thanked Ad as his hand laid on my leg.

"What you doing today?" Adler asked.

"I'm not sure. I think Hudson was looking to speak." I turned a sharp corner unexpectedly, almost missing my turn.

"I think they've got more information on Stitch and Portnova. Wraith is in East London right now."

I almost hit the brakes. "East London?"

I worked in East London quite often as far as my memory can reach back. Why was she there? I kept looking over to him with furrowed brows.

"Yes, Bell, keep your damn eyes on the road." Adlers bossy ass threw his hands into the air and pointed at the road.

I swerved once and Adler made it seem like I was a drunk driver.

"They are. Why the hell is she there?"