CH.27' Archer

The night was long and rainy with the wind battering off of the thin windows in my bedroom and the whistle of a open window.

Soon, no sun came up and the sky was as grey and dull.

"When is this storm going to end?" Woods asked Hudson who stood looking out the window.

Training had been cancelled and Adler was going to Munich but decided against it. I'd never seen rain beat so heavy off of the wooden patio. The wind was making the mesh door rattle and the windows were shaking violently.

Thunder boomed about the house and the lightning struck the power cables around Berlin and left the house powerless with no lights.

"Hell knows. Apparently a few days." Hudson flicked the newspaper he was reading onto the table and started drinking his stone cold coffee.

Stone cold coffee for a stone cold man, I thought.

There was a red warning for the weather and many people were advised to tape their windows, stay inside and reserve as much water as possible. As far as I could remember, I never had seen or experienced this weather before.

I stretched my legs out onto the chair as Adler sat down beside me. "Are you okay?" His deep but soft voice rang through my ears and a soft warm feeling entered my chest. He felt like home.

"Sort of. I was hoping training would go on but," I pointed to the window and laughed, "Clearly not."

Adler laughed and Mason entered the room with a smile.

It had been three or four days since Masons appointment and the new medication they gave him were making him happy and cheery.

"I'm partly glad this storm is here. I couldn't be bothered with training today." Mason let out a small giggle.

"You and me both." I laughed.

The rain felt like it was about the make the roof fall through as it got harder and harder. Hailstones were bashing off the ground outside.

Adler noticed me spacing out once again while laying on his shoulder. It had been a habit for a few days. I would drift in and out of conscious and start breathing heavily, but in all reality, it felt like I was reliving every moment of what happened. I could feel the pain on my back which made me feel like I was going through it again but it was the stitches.

Doctors told me that I'd be going through the mentality for a few weeks and handed me some medication for night time since I was having trouble sleeping. I was also due to get my stitches out the next week.

"Bell?" Mason interrupted Frank whom entered the room with Lazar.

"Yes?" I shook off the thoughts and listened to what Mason had to say.

"Remember that time back when we first met you? You almost killed Frank on the spot."

I let out a belly laugh and nodded. "I apologise, Frank. I was," I made a guilty look. "I wasn't very trusting back then."

"Don't sweat it, Bell." Frank made a click with his tongue and a smile on his lips.

The day rolled on as it always did and all of us just sat making small talk with some food in front of us as well as some coffee.

"Sims and Park, where are they?" Lazar asked suspiciously.

"Of course you'd want to know where Park is." Frank winked at Lazar whom gave Frank a daring look.

"Park and Sims are in Munich with Weaver. They are covering what I needed to do while I stay here with Bell." Adler spoke and wrapped his arm around my waist to pull me closer. I shifted closer and laid on his lap.