Home sweet home

Y/N's POV
I walk down stairs a little bit so my parents couldn't see me. I could hear mother talking about how she didn't want to be with dad anymore. She said to him "You care more about your boys than you do about your daughters". Dad said "I don't have to listen to this" as he walked to his room. I went down stairs and into the kitchen pretending like I didn't hear anything.

As I walked out of the kitchen I saw dad with a suit case like he was ready to leave. Dad saw me from the corner of his eye but just kept on walking. Soon after Ellie made her way down the stairs very quietly. Ellie asked mom what happened. Mom said it was nothing and that dad was going away for a few days. I could already tell that dad had no intention on coming back.

A few days later it was time for Ellie to go back home because she was only going to spend the weekend here. I was sad to see Ellie go and was scared to be by myself with dad and mom gone. It turns out mom hired a nanny to watch me while she is away. The new nanny's name is Rebecca. Rebecca was a older lady who to be honest looked like a grandma. It wasn't long before Rebecca told my mother I was to much to handle. After that my mom got tired of looking for new nanny's. Mom was so frustrated she told me to pack all my stuff. She said I am going to stay with Ellie until I know how to act right.

Ellie lives in Minnesota with her fiancé. I had to take a 19 hour drive from Texas to Minnesota with mom. On the way over there she didn't say a word to me. We stopped a few times at the gas station other than that I was bored out of my mind. A few hours later we finally arrive at Ellie's house. I had never seen Ellie's house before and let me tell you it is huge.

As I was getting situated I could see a blond boy about my age with very pretty blue eyes. Ellie tapped my should bringing me back to reality. Ellie said "They are the Banks family and that there is Adam". Right after she says that we see a beautiful girl with long black hair walk out of the house and kiss Adam. Ellie said "and that there is his girlfriend Ariana she is usually over her everyday". She seems really nice, you should go introduce yourself" Ellie says pushing me towards them.