Duck Hockey

Y/N's POV
I went home to go find my old jersey and gear while I was searching I heard a knock at my door. It was Charlie. First off how does he know where I live. Second of all how did he get in my house.

"Can I come in" he asked slowly opening the door.

"Sure you are practically already inside" I said sarcastically.

"Yeah... Um Ari told me you were neighbors with Banks" he said nervously.

"So you decided to drop by?" I asked.

"Yes... I mean no..I know we have practice in a few minutes and I figured you might not have a jersey" he said smiling and holding his duffel bag.

Charlie pulled out a green jersey that had a duck on it. "This is was my first official jersey" he said smiling.

"I want you to use it" he said handing me the jersey.

"Thank you Charlie" I said giving him a hug.

"No problem" he said hugging me back.

"Neat design" I said as I placed it on the bed.

"Yeah my old Coach Bombay got them for us" Charlie said proud.

"I hope you get to meet him one day" Charlie said looking at me with his light blue eyes.

"Y/N IT'S TIME TO GET GOING" Ellie yelled from down stairs.

"ON MY WAY" I yelled.

"Do you need a ride" I asked Charlie as put my stuff together.

"Yes that would be great" Charlie looking at me while he was just standing there.

"Well come on Captain you can't do much if you are just standing there" I said as I started to run down the stairs.

We got in the car and headed to practice. While we were in the car I could hear Charlie humming to the songs on the radio. We didn't talk much on the way over there. Ellie doesn't even know Charlie that well. I wonder what he told her that convinced her to let him in.

"We are here... get out"Ellie said in a rush.

Charlie and I quickly got out of the car and ran to the locker room.

"I see you made it" Coach Orion said smiling and crossing his arms.

"Yup"I said smiling.

"And you came in with the captain... I hope he hasn't done anything to scare you away" coach said joking.

"Scared... of him... haha"I said laughing pointing at Charlie.

"She's going to be a tough one coach"Charlie said joking with Coach Orion.

As we were all joking around I heard someone yell from the bleachers.

"Hey Charlie" Linda waved from the stands excitedly.

"Um what is she doing here"Coach Orion asked.

Charlie shrugged his shoulders then waved back as he walked to the locker room.

"Before I give you a jersey I want to see how you play" said Coach Orion.

I quickly went to the locker room and got in my gear and Charlie's old jersey. I was done before everyone so I was the first one on the ice. A few second later everyone else came out of the locker room.

"Oh you all know each other...I have classes with all of you" I said confused then I slowly started to all add up in my head.

"OKAY LETS WARM UP" Charlie yelled from the front of the crowd.

"Just follow my lead" Ari whispered as she dragged me along.

We did 5 laps then Charlie gave Dwayne a rope. OH NO I hope this is not what I'm thinking of. Sure enough it was we all had to try not to get lassoed by Dwayne. It was actually pretty fun. Once Ari & Sania saw Dwayne had the rope the booked it.

I was the second to last person to get caught. The last person to get caught was Fulton. A few minute after warming up we did 2 scrimmage games. For the first scrimmage Coach Orion but me as a Center. I HATE playing center... it gets boring after a while.

We were split up in to teams I got put in the blue team. Since I was center for the blue team I had to start us off. It was me and Charlie head to head. He was smiling at me but I wasn't going to let him distract me. While he was looking at me I took the puck, right out from under him, and passed it to Adam. After that my only job was to make sure who ever has the puck is clear. The puck went from me to Adam, Adam to Fulton, Fulton to Russ, and from Russ to the net. Once Russ was about to shoot everyone moved out of the way. The puck was flying far and quick... that is something you usually see in the major leagues. I was so amazed I swear my jaw might as well have been on the floor.

After that the game was almost over but guy scored a point making it a tie. Coach put my on the ice with Julie. The call her Julie the cat... but we will see if she lives up to her name. It was the moment for me to start. I was going to try a triple deke but on the right side because it would not be as expected. I haven't played in years the move isn't hard but I don't know if I can do it.

As I started moving down the ice I could feel the energy in the room. All eyes were on me , the new girl who has something to prove, i started to get anxious I knew they were all expecting great things from me. As I started to get closer to Julie I could tell she thought I was going to the left. From there it was a easy shot. I do have to give her props because she scared me. The look she gave me was like she could see the fear in my eyes.

Coach Orion and the rest of the ducks were clapping. I could hear Ari scream from the top of her lungs.. she sounded so proud. Once I got to the box I got a big hug from Portman. He even tried to kiss my cheek.

Coach sat me out for the a few minutes,  to rehydrate and catch my breath, then it was game time. This time I was defense. The game played out like the last but this time we had to switch some players. I was now on the red team with Ari, Sania, Fulton, Portman, Charlie, and Goldberg.

We started off not to good. Adam was head to head with Fulton, Adam got the puck. The blue team was trying to get to our goal but with Portman & I were on the red team they had no chance. We got to the point where we were almost tied. I was yelling at Fulton to pass me the puck but he acted like he couldn't hear me. He shot the puck but I could tell it wasn't going to make it. He hit it at an angle. Julie didn't even have to defend the blue teams goal because she knew it wasn't going to hit it either.

"Hey Fulton are you alright" I asked as I skated up to him because we lost.

"I'm fine" he said as he skated off of the ice.

I was so confused as to why he doesn't like me. Well at least it feels like he doesn't. I skated to the box and started to take my gear off next to Ari. I took off my helmet and as I looked up I saw Charlie in the stands with Linda. He kissed her on the cheek and she was playing with his hair. My heart dropped but I wasn't going to let it get to me. I guess Ari saw my face because she told me "Don't get yourself worked up.. they are always on and off". Ari patted me on the shoulder then headed to the locker room with the rest of the ducks.

After all me gear was off Luis came and sat next to me on the bench. "So I'll pick you up at 8?" He asked. Oh my gosh I totally forgot about that.

"Yeah sounds great" I said smiling as I got my bags off the floor.

I really hope this brunch "date" with Luis goes well............