Chapter 1, Part III

Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole, Part III (Daily Life)

----

*DING DONG BING BONG*

Monokuma: Good morning to each and every pile of lazy bones right here! Anyways, it's 7 am, so it's time to wake up, get up, get out there! And I'm expecting my thrills, my chills, and my kills sooner or later... Upupupu~

This was the new norm for me. And for them as well. It was time for breakfast, so I got ready how I usually did. I went into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I took off my pajamas, and replaced them with my usual blouse and skirt and boots. But when I opened the door to leave, I was face to face with Kaiji. Needless to say, I was rather startled by him being right up in my face; truth be told, I wasn't a social butterfly. Then again, he seemed rather nervous himself.

Kaiji: Ah... ah...

Kaori: What's wrong?

Kaiji: I... have no idea who did this... That's what I get, for having such arrogance...

Many of the other students trapped in this place with me were waking up as well, on Monokuma's cue. I mentally recounted all of them as they emerged from their own dorms, to ensure that nobody hasn't killed another right now. Eventually, excluding me and Kaiji, everyone was accounted for. Good.

Daigo: Why are you thinking like that?!

Kaiji: I'm... I'm the Ultimate Private Investigator, so I should know who could have done this. But it happened in the middle of the night, so I have no clue.

Mugen: But what is he concerned about? Is someone dead already?

Kaiji: No, thankfully. We're all here...

Madoka: For now.

Kaiji: Yes, for now. Anyways, please follow me to the gymnasium...

Ren: Why?

Kaiji: To look at what happened.

Souta: Ah yes, what happened...

Yura: I'd very much prefer if you didn't beat around the bush, and instead get straight to the point. You idiot.

Kaiji: (sigh)

Souta: But then there wouldn't be any discovery! If everyone knows it already, then there's no magic to be found in seeing it for the first time-

Ren: Just shut up already.

Souta: Okay then. Kuhuhu~

Daigo: Why don't we just do what Kaiji said right now? He's a private investigator, the Ultimate Private Investigator even. Of course he knows what he's doing!

Ayane: Agreed. If we as a group are able to reach a consensus, then there'll be far less problems around here.

Ren: Round here, you say? Nothing of note 'cept two classrooms, a gymnasium, a break room, the dorms, and both an entrance hall and some other massive room we can't even access. And there's a washing room, incinerator, and some bathrooms here as well, but who gives a flying fuck about them anyway?

Kaiji: I do. The incinerator's a good place to get rid of evidence.

Ayane: Certainly. Although if I do remember correctly, it's off limits at night.

Kozue: But there's still hope! About that entrance hall, I noticed that a brick is gone!

Haruhi: ...Really?

Souta: Yes! I noticed it as well! Freedom may soon be within our reach!

Madoka: Freedom, huh?

Ren: (sigh) If only the other bricks were as loose as that one...