Chapter 3, Part V

Chapter 3: Best-Laid Schemes, Part V (Deadly Life)

----

*DING DONG BING BONG*

Monokuma: A body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time, which you may use however you like, the Class Trial will begin!

As soon as the announcement went off, most of the others rushed to my side. Hirou, Daigo, Luka... quite a few of us were observing Kozue's dead body now. There were still a few missing students, like Umiko, but I felt some glimmer of hope that they were okay.

Unlike Kozue, lying there, dead in a pool of her own blood. And that twisted bear, watching everything.

Luka: (sobbing) Who could have done this?! WHO COULD HAVE KILLED HER SO BRUTALLY?!

Daigo: I... I don't know...

Kaiji: Listen, an investigation will help us out a lot. Am I correct?

Hirou: You sure are, Kaiji.

Kaiji: Thanks for making me feel better.

Hirou: You're welcome.

Monokuma: Oh well, enough sappy talk! She's dead. Somebody made her dead. You need to find out who made her dead. Or else I'll make you all dead!

Daigo: ...Shut up, Monokuma! This is where I draw the line! Mugen was blissfully unaware, Haruhi made peace with her fate, but Kozue... you can tell that she rather clearly didn't want to die! This is what you caused, Monokuma!

Monokuma: I wasn't the one who killed her, Daigo.

Daigo: Grr...

Monokuma: If I really was the culprit, then I'd be executing myself. And besides, I wouldn't. Rules for me and not for thee!

Daigo: ...

Monokuma: But I've said what I had to say. Onto more important stuff, ya bastards!

----

(Investigation: Girls' Changing Room)

Of course, the investigation would have to start from the crime scene. The girls' changing room in which Kozue locked herself in, and hid in, and died in.

Monokuma: I think everybody here knows the drill by now. Every murder comes with a Monokuma File, it'll help out the investigation, yadda yadda.

Once again, he shoved it directly into my hands.

Monokuma: They trust you the most, I think. Read it out for them.

Kaori: ...Whatever you say.

Monokuma: Good!

As I started reading the details behind Kozue's demise, he left the scene. By the time I had finished, he was gone, out of sight.

Monokuma File #3: The victim is the Ultimate Volleyball Player, Kozue Sumiyoshi. The victim's body was discovered in the girls' changing room. The estimated time of death is 4:00 pm. The cause of death was blood loss after being stabbed multiple times. The victim had additionally been cut around the mouth after death.

Hirou: Isn't it obvious to us...? I hate to say it, but it's...

Kaiji: Murder. Murder is the word you're looking for. The file proves it.

Monokuma File #3 has been added to the Truth Needles.

Kaiji: And besides, Kaori, about time I finally do an autopsy, huh? It'll make me feel a lot better about myself...