Chapter 5, Part VI

Chapter 5: Where Angels Fear to Tread, Part VI (Class Trial)

----

Kaori: (It's true... After everything they did for us... We now have to condemn either Ayane or Daigo to death in order to save us all...)

Daigo: See! I know for a fact it wasn't her! Why else would Madoka have been killed with the weapon I had?!

Kaori: Okay then... Let me have a moment to consider the state of Madoka's body...

Monokuma: ...Don't take ages, firefly.

Kaori: I know. Give me a moment.

----

(Select Truth Needle)

TRUTH NEEDLE: Madoka's Body

----

Kaori: We know that multiple people attacked Madoka before she was murdered. And we have already pinpointed who these people were.

Umiko: ...I know...

Souta: Can we just put it aside now?

Kaori: That being said, the knife in her chest does match up with the cause of death listed on the Monokuma File.

Ayane: That is true, Kaori.

Umiko: But then... why would he do it?

----

(Non-Stop Debate)

Souta: We need to know why! Umiko's got a point!

Umiko: That's true! He must have had a valid motive!

Ayane: Daigo didn't eat from the tree of knowledge, as far as we know.

Daigo: Which means that you'll have to figure out an alternative.

Umiko: And would it be for his own sake...?

TRUTH NEEDLE: Madoka's Attack on Ayane

Kaori: No, that's wrong!

BREAK!

----

Kaori: Bingo! I've got a reason why Daigo could have killed her.

Kaiji: Is it something to do with how she tried killing Ayane?

Kaori: ...Yes.

Kaiji: (smirking) ...I see. Kudos to you for coming up short.

Monokuma: Which is a bit of a problem considering that those who do come up short here end up dead sooner or later, but whatever.

Souta: Something's been bothering me about what happened before hand.

Ayane: As always, Souta.

Souta: No, I'm not curious, I just want some confirmation on whether or not she tried making a bomb. Am I correct, Kaori?

----

(Select Truth Needle)

TRUTH NEEDLE: Defused Bomb

----

Kaori: Yes, Souta.

Kaiji: Correct? You turn to her for something that is so blatantly obvious?! Have you even learned anything from what happened?!

Souta: ...My apologies if I've offended you, Kaiji.

Kaiji: I mean, no wonder I feel like shit when I'm surrounded by you idiots! Imbeciles, all of you! The blind leading the blind! The-