Chapter 4, Part III

Chapter 4: Out of the Frying Pan, Part III (Daily Life)

----

*DING DONG BING BONG*

Monokuma: What's the story, morning glory? ...Nobody got me? Very well then - here's a greeting that won't fly over your heads! Cock-a-doodle-doo, everyone! All rooms are unlocked, and you are free to explore at your own leisure yet again!

I didn't even acknowledge him anymore as I engaged in the daily routine of washing my face, brushing my teeth, getting dressed, and heading out to the mess hall in which our daily breakfast meetings would be held. The others had already gathered by the time I arrived.

Madoka: You're late.

Kaori: I know.

Kaiji: (sigh) We don't really have much to talk about anymore.

Ayane: Yes, I'm trying to keep the group together, but everyone seems to be treating this like some obligation, and then they want to go off and do their own thing.

Souta: Like me!

Yukiharu: What the hell happened to unity?! It's every man for himself now! Especially with Monokuma continuing to spout his stupid fucking nonsense every few days 'cuz somebody's stupid enough to listen! You know what they say: play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

Ayane: And do you really believe that a horrific death is little more than a stupid prize?

Yukiharu: Holy shit. You're... you're right!

Daigo: And you know, we haven't had a major talk in days.

Madoka: Ain't that a shame?

Souta: Huff! Now, onto more important matters!

Hirou: Souta? What are you going to be up to again?

Souta: If you want me, I'll... I'll be in the art studio! Probably doing a few sketches here and there.

Yukiharu: Good.

Souta: Is-is that a threat?

Yukiharu: Hey, relax Souta! Take a chill pill or something!

Madoka: You really need a chill pill yourself.

Yukiharu: Shut the hell up, Madoka!

Madoka: Yep, definitely need one this instant.

It appeared that Madoka's words weren't being taken kindly by him, as afterwards Yukiharu stormed out of the room, off to do his own thing.

Kaori: (Who knew he was quick to fly into a rage?)

Ayane: He's a bit of a loose cannon, to put it frankly.

Daigo: Yeah, I'm getting really worried about his anger issues.

Hirou: We might want to keep a close eye on him lately.

Ayane: 'Tis true.

Hirou: Care to think of it, we never got around to blocking off the shooting gallery, didn't we?

Daigo: Holy-

Ayane: What's wrong?

Daigo: We forgot! Hirou, come with me! Now!

Daigo darted out of the mess hall, and Hirou was quick to follow.

Umiko: Ah! What are they up to?!

Ayane: Trying to keep us a little more safer, Umiko.

Umiko: Ah... okay then...

Kaori: I've got to go with them!

Ayane: Very well then. As you wish.