Chapter 3, Part III

Chapter 3: Best-Laid Schemes, Part III (Daily Life)

----

*DING DONG BING BONG*

Monokuma: Wakey-wakey! Rise and shine, ursine! ...Wow, haven't heard that phrase in a while. Well, when you're operating solo, it's best to perform a few old traditions - for old time's sake! Upupupu~

Yet again, I was woken up by Monokuma's twisted greeting to a new day. Clearly, he held no regard over the fact that 4 of us were dead, he wanted more of us dead, and he had more than likely made that girl dead. I performed the usual ritual to get ready for what would come next, then made my way to the mess hall.

All of us had gathered at the mess hall and were engaging in various activities - yes, even Madoka, that no-good hellion. Souta, for instance, was now holding a fairly large (around the length of his arm up to his elbow) sketchbook, in which he had already drawn some initial doodles of figures I couldn't recognise. Meanwhile, Ayane was sitting next to Daigo, and she alternated between shooting him some quick glances with a smile, and calmly sipping the cup of tea in her hand.

But the most troubling aspect was Yukiharu and Kozue staring each other off, as if they were about to start an argument at any moment. And eventually that was exactly what happened, complete with others butting in to support whoever they considered to be in the right.

Kozue: So, last night I proposed that we'd all spend time together holding a pool party so that we would think twice about listening to Monokuma.

Ayane: Yes you did.

Kozue: What do you guys think about it?

Yukiharu: ...The fuck are you talking about?

Kozue: The pool party!

Yukiharu: Are you kidding me, Kozue? Monokuma showed us footage of a girl being drowned in god knows where and you think a pool party's going to solve all of our problems?! Get a fucking grip!

Daigo: What's gotten into you, Yukiharu?! Weren't we meant to be heroes together-

Yukiharu: This isn't your problem, Daigo! The problem here is that we're supposed to take direct action against Monokuma, and she's instead got some hare-brained scheme that won't solve the problem at all!

Daigo: I know you want to stop him. We all want to stop the murdering. But Kozue's got the right idea! If we are friends, then-

Yukiharu: Don't you dare preach to me, Daigo!

Luka: But Daigo, Monokuma's scaring me now...

Daigo: Take no heed of him. Just think of him as some toy spouting nonsense.

Madoka: "Nonsense" that could get us all killed, suicidal blockhead.

Hirou: Settle down, everyone. Clearly this is spiralling out of control, and I don't want to see anybody dead because of this.

Umiko: I-I don't like this...

Hirou: Leave. Leave for your own safety.

Umiko: Thanks, Hirou. Back to my dorm, I guess.

Yukiharu: Monokuma is torturing a girl as we speak! We must act - NOW!

Masao: Fuyumura-kun, what you say rings true. Face the dilemma head-on instead of trying to avoid it. That was what she told me.

Yukiharu: Finally, someone who means sense here!

Ayane: It appears that the group has reached a consensus, Kozue. Your idea may seem reasonable on paper, but it appears that the rest of us consider it too idealistic to be put into place. Have I made myself clear?