11

Music of the Day
The Emerald Realm by Brandon Fiechter
¥

Alice Cullen waltzed down the dirt trail after a quick hunt. She peeked into her visions, seeing that Jasper would be returning home from his classes soon. The Cullens had moved to Ithica, New York. Northwest Ithica to be precise. Right after the incident at Bella's birthday party, Edward had convinced the family to leave Forks. Alice sighed, suddenly saddened at the thought of Bella and her brother. She peeked into the future again, looking for Edward. There he sat, unmoving in a cave somewhere.

Edward didn't move to Ithica with his family, he went off on his own. For the second time in his undead life. He had reduced himself to the life of a nomadic vampire. He barely hunted, sometimes weeks at a time. He wore the same clothes from that awful night, uncaring that the clothing was worn, torn in many places.

Alice was nearing home, humming a sad tune. She was suddenly pulled into a vision, seeing something truly awful. There was this thing, it was grotesque. And it was clinging onto Bella's wrist. Alice was then thrown into another vision, this one made her scream out. She was unable to hold herself together. She saw Bella in the heart of an explosion, one that she has never witnessed before. There was no way Bella survived it.

Alice started running then, panting, even though she had no need to breathe. She burst into their home, startling Esme and Rosalie.

"Alice, honey, what's wrong?" The motherly vampire rushed after her panicked daughter.

Alice ignored her, slamming shut her bedroom door. She packed a bag, mainly for appearances. She could barely hold herself together now. She couldn't believe it, she just couldn't believe it! Why had this happened? Why was Bella in the heart of such a massive explosion? Alice flitted out of the bedroom, bag in hand.

"Alice? Where are you going?" Esme had become truly worried now, seeing Alice in such a panicked state.

"I have to go back," Alice muttered to no one in particular.

"Go back? To Forks?" Rosalie huffed.

Emmett caught wind of the commotion, quickly snatching Alice's bag as she walked passed him.

"Hey!" Alice gasped, frustrated that she hadn't seen him make that decision. "Give that back!"

"Wait a minute, shorty. Tell us what's up," Emmett grinned, ever the laid back man.

"Give it back!" Alice demanded again, growing more agitated by the second. She tried to reach her bag, only for Emmett to raise it high above him. He, unfortunately, thought that it was a game.

"Ali, c'mon! What did you see?" Emmett did not asses the tension in the air.

Poor Alice lost her temper. She snarled at Emmett, her face contorted into that of a predatory vampire. She said words that no one thought she would say.

"Fuck you, Emmett!"

Alice was so far gone that she didn't even hear Jasper walk into the room. He tensed as he felt fury rolling off his mate in waves. He stepped foward, eyeing Emmett before he focused on Alice. She could feel her tense muscles slowly relax, her eyes suddenly drooping. Jasper came up behind her, cradling his mate in his arms, whispering sweet nothings in her ear. Once Alice's fury had dissipated, all she felt was despair.

She sank to the floor, Jasper sinking down with her. Emmett was still visibly shaken, he had never seen Alice react that way; no one has. Esme had a hand over mouth, trying get a hold of her worrying.

"Alice," Jasper breathed. "What did you see?"

Alice's head was propped on Jasper's shoulder; she stared blankly at the wall.