13

Music of the Day
Wars by Lucas King
¥

Quick author's note: I am still unsure about this particular song. Please let me know if it fits, and maybe some suggestions if you don't like it? Enjoy!

---------------

VOLTERRA, Italy. Bella was calm enough to appreciate the new scenery. Pretty soon, she could see the city in the distance. The Porsche, that Alice stole, was an incredibly smooth ride. Although, Bella still felt a tad guilty about the stolen car. With her father being being a police officer and all.

"I still can't believe you actually stole this car. Aren't they going to be looking for it?"

Alice grinned. "I triple checked, for your sake. It will be returned before the owners even notice it missing. Besides, I figured you wouldn't be opposed to a little grand theft auto."

Bella chuckled. "I suppose not."

Alice's smile faltered, gazing at Bella's calm features. "I honestly thought you'd be freaking out more than this."

Bella swallowed thickly, immediately feeling for Faelynn. She was there.

"Of course, I'm freaking out, Alice."

Alice looked at her best friend again. "Are you ever going to tell me what happened to you?"

Bella flinched slightly, flash backs zipping through her memories. "Now's not the time. We have more important things to worry about."

Alice nodded in understanding, pressing down on the accelerator. The road that they were on started to narrow out, more and more people clad in red robes were blocking the street. Alice came to a stop, just outside the entrance of the city.

"You have to go on foot from here. He'll be under the clock tower. He's almost there, hurry!" Alice gasped.

Bella jumped out of the car, sprinting passed all the passersby. She came to a large fountain, seeing the clock tower just beyond. And then she saw him. He was still absolutely stunning, even in the panicked state she had succumbed to. He was just a few steps away from the sun.

Bella wasted no time in charging through the fountain, not caring in the slightest of her now soaked clothes. She raced across the cobblestone, shouting at Edward.

"Edward, move!"

The toe of his shoe touched the sunlight, Bella gasped as the light ghosted across his skin. She was almost there, he was staring to shine. She slammed into him, the wind getting knocked out of her. It was like running head first into a marble slab.

"Heaven," Edward whispered. "I didn't feel a thing. They're very good."

"Edward!" Bella tried to shove him back, but to no avail.

Edward just smiled, dipping his head down to breathe in Bella's sweet scent. "You smell the same."

"Edward, open your eyes! I'm alive, you absolute moron!"

Edward's brows furrowed slightly. "Bella?" He finally opened his eyes, focusing on his beautiful Bella. His arms around her tightened, then they were in the shadows, away from the sun.

"You're alive?" He breathed, caressing her cheek.

"Yes," Bella smiled slightly, reaching to hold his hand that was placed on her cheek. Then, she removed it.

Yes, she loved him and she was so glad that he was now safe. But the pain he caused her, it wasn't something she was ready to forgive. To act like it didn't happen? That would be ridiculous.