08

Music of the Day
Magic of Love by BrunuhVille
¥

FEBRUARY was nearing its end. Bella was at the cottage with Cynthia, talking with Faelynn and Edgar. Cynthia was out in the garden, picking out some food for lunch. Her wicker basket slipped from her fingers as a message flowed through her mind. The message that she had been waiting for. The voice in her head was soft, silvery.

"Cynthia. Your request to bring your visitor to our realm has been granted. You may come as soon as you wish. You may explore the realm with her, but not for long, my dear. I wish to meet our new sister."

Cynthia was absolutely ecstatic, making the magic vibrate with the same emotion. She rushed into the cottage, earning a concerned look from Bella.

"What's up, Cyn?" she asked.

"I have a surprise!"

"Cyn," Bella groaned. "C'mon, don't do this to me."

"You're going to love this one. I promise."

Cynthia sprinted to her bedroom, ignoring Bella's calls after her. She brought back two thin, grey garments. Just plain dresses.

"We'll have to wear these," Cynthia informed.

Bella glared at the dresses, picking one up. The material was unnecessarily thin, see through even.

"Why on earth are we wearing these?" Bella demanded

"To show respect to the fae. We have nothing to hide from them," Cynthia said vaguely.

Bella blinked, excitement was now visible in her features. "Where are we going?"

Cynthia could barely contain herself now. She squeaked out, "We're going to Faeland!"

Bella immediately started bouncing and squealing with pure happiness. Cynthia whipped out her dress and stripped her clothes right there in the den. Bella followed suit.

Cynthia called the Swan residence, leaving a message for Charlie when he got home from work. They were going ahead with the trip and would be gone the whole weekend.

The two girls, Faelynn, Edgar, Bayard and Hadassah all gathered in the forest to the side of Cynthia's cottage. Bella had not stopped bouncing, a permanent grin glued to her lips. She wondered how long they'd be gone.

Time does not exist in the realm of the Fae. The realm sits right outside of space and time, giving the Fae immortality. With such a powerful entity, such as the magic itself, even the Fae that wander to earth keep their immortality. Even if Bella and Cynthia had stayed there for years, they would come back just before the weekend ended.

The group walked deeper into the forest, poor Bella shivering in her thin garment and bare feet. They finally came across a giant circle of mushrooms. This circle was very distinct, all the mushrooms were bright, varying in colors. They all stepped inside the circle.

The transportation was a different experience than usual. Bella had gotten used to the sensation, now that she regularly traveled with Cynthia. However, this time felt calm, serene even. There wasn't a trace of nausea.

As they appeared with a soft pop, Bella was slightly frazzled by the sudden darkness. They had transported into a cavern, slick with running water.

Bella reached out for Cynthia, her vision completely compromised. She found her hand, gripping tightly.

"Relax," Cynthia murmured. "Do you see the light up ahead?"