09

Music of the Day
Seelie Court by Derek & Brandon Fiechter
¥

Special Guest!

Jaime Murray as The Fae Queen

CYNTHIA walked through the tunnel, with Bella latched onto her arm like a leech

CYNTHIA walked through the tunnel, with Bella latched onto her arm like a leech. The Fae creatures that accompanied them led the way, their glowing auras lighting the dark and gloomy tunnel. They soon came to an opening, met with with flowers who's bulbs glowed. Roots cascaded down from the dirt above, settled in intricate designs.

There was a man waiting for them in the foyer. He was tall, stoic, and looked emotionless. He was dressed in light armor, a short sword at his side. What caught Bella's eye was his black tattoos. The tattoos traveled up his neck and stopped at his jawline. They were small, runic. He straightened his posture, opening his arms in greeting.

"Cynthia Brandon, Friend of the Fae. Bella Swan, friend of Cynthia. Welcome," his deep voice greeted.

Bella was startled by the sound of his voice. It was deep, rumbling. She could practically feel the ground vibrate.

"Follow me," he said, and then turned, leading them toward the court room.

The walk to the courts was silent, making Bella very anxious. What was to happen? Would she just meet the queen and be on their merry way? She doubted it. She remembers the stories that she was told, she remembers that outsiders were made to go through trials. Would she be made to? The thought of it made her already difficult breathing catch in her throat.

The court room was just as magnificent as Cynthia remembered. The rock that made up this underground cavern was pale, wan even. It seemed to emit a natural glow, painting every creatures' skin with sheen. Bella was frozen on the spot as her eyes found the Fae Queen. She didn't even need to be introduced, she could immediately tell who the most powerful person was.

The Fae Queen was the most beautiful creature she had ever seen. She's more beautiful than Rosalie, Bella thought with sheer surprise. The Queen smiled, almost bashful. Almost as if she had heard what Bella was thinking...

The Queen was tall, pale and her hair was pure white. Her bone structure, her nose, her shining irises, were absolute perfection. Everything about her was pleasing to all the senses. She glided to Cynthia first, a warm and welcoming smile adorned her face.

"Ah, my dear Cynthia! I am so glad to see you!" She wrapped her elegant arms around Cynthia.

"My Queen, I am so thrilled to receive your blessing," Cynthia said formally.

"Think nothing of it, my child," the queen waved a dismissive hand, and turned to Bella. "And sweet Bella!"

The queen gathered up Bella's shaking hands in her own, smiling sweetly down at the nervous girl. "You needn't be so anxious, my sweet. You are safe here. I understand that you came to some trouble at the Kelpie River?"