Chapter 27

2277 words. Are you happy? Because I am. 

"Good morning!" I sang as I walked into the room the Prime were currently still sleeping in. Ten boys tiredly blinked at me as they started to sit up. I smothered a smile at their messy hair and derpy looks from not being awake enough.

Kota yawned. (Fun fact: Every time I type "yawn," I actually yawn no matter what time of day it is.) "What time is it?"

I chuckled. "It's 10 AM."

I watched in amusement as their eyes grew wide and Mr. Blackbourne, Kota, and North immediately jumped out of their beds, rushing to straighten their appearance. Sean and Gabriel literally rolled off their beds and plopped onto the cold floor while the others got up normally. Milo smiled lazily as he came over to me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. His weight settled on me, but I didn't mind it. Not being able to hug your brother for over fourteen years would make you want to hug him constantly.

"That was the best night I've ever slept," Milo whispered to me as the others got out of bed. They quickly made their beds before trying to straighten up.

"I'm so happy you're here," I whispered back. He smiled at me, kissing me on the cheek before making his bed. I turned towards the Prime. "I'll be giving you a tour and introduce you to your schedule."

They nodded at me before I turned. They started after me down the hallway. "This is the washroom. Toilets and showers are in here. You'll be provided a toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, and soap soon. Shampoo and conditioner are in there. If you want a certain type of brand, you can earn money in your job to buy them. You can go ahead, and freshen up. Don't worry about taking a shower yet."

The ten boys went into the communal washroom. I didn't mind waiting for them. Thankfully, they didn't take too long. When they exited, they looked more awake. Luke skipped towards me, linking our arms together.

"Hello, again, Sang!" He sang as he looked around in excitement. His movements reminded me of a curious puppy that I barely held back a giggle.

"Hello, Luke," I smiled at the others before I motioned for them to follow me. Luke stumbled a bit to match my smaller strides, but after a few steps, he was able to walk in stride with me. "The cafeteria is called the Canteen, but there are a few pantry's spotted around the base. If you want a few snacks, you can buy some there. Breakfast is usually around 6 o'clock and ends around 8 o'clock. Lunch begins at 10 AM and ends at 1 pm. Many people work in shifts so we need a longer lunch time. Dinner is around 5 to 7. There are a few restaurants around here but they can be quite expensive and limited due to resources."

Turning my head, I observed them. Luke was nodding his head as he listened to me, while Gabriel started to hum a tune I forgot the name of. Mr. Blackbourne, Kota, North, and Victor seemed to make mental notes, and Nathan was staring ahead. His facial expression showed nothing, but the look in his eyes told me he was listening to me. Silas though seemed worried as he looked back at the hallways and other marks to identify where we were going. His eyebrows were furrowed together, and his shoulders were scrunched up slightly in discomfort.

I caught his dark brown eyes with a smile. A very faint blush appeared on his face as I spoke. "Don't worry about getting lost in this maze. You'll get used to the routes easily once you settle in. Even if you do, we have maps along the walls, and you can even ask others. Most will be happy to help you."

He nodded, making me look back to where we were going. The sound of conversation seemed so loud compared to the silence we were accustomed to, but the ten Prime carried forward, pausing slightly at the large crowd in the cafeteria. There were about 300 people sitting or getting food, and this wasn't the whole base.