Chapter 13

Axel looked at us with a stern look and spoke dryly. "Although I'd love to see Sang beat Raven, we've come to train these men."

Kayli sneered. "Why?"

Marc growled. "Shut up, Kayli."

Ignoring Kayli and her dramatics, Nathan looked at us with a quizzical expression. "Why do you think that Sang can beat Raven?"

Brandon looked at her lazily. "Because she can." He turned back towards the ten men who were looking at us with curiosity.

I gulped as Raven smirked as a thought came into his mind. Although they were concerned about tiny me facing off against this bear, their curiosity shone in their eyes. Raven turned towards the Primes. "How about we make a bat?"

Kota scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. "Bat?"

Raven scowled. "Did I not say it right? Something to deal with."

"A bet?" Kayli sighed in exasperation. "Geez, Raven, you've been in America for almost a decade. You should know how to speak American."

I waited for one of the Toma teams to speak up, but surprisingly one of the Prime confronted her. Silas, the gentle giant, looked contemplative yet stern. "I've been here for more than a decade, and English is hard. Our brain is wired in our native language and it is hard to translate from our original language to English."

Kayli rolled her eyes. "So?"

I glared at her, making her narrow her eyes. "First of all, there is no language called American. It's called English. Second of all, they speak more than one language which is one more than you."

Kayli's face turned red before she turned and stormed off. I watched as Corey, the mediator, sigh and follow her into the woods. Mr. Blackbourne ignored what just happened and continued with what we were talking about before Kayli interrupted.. "And what would that deal consist of?"

Raven smiled. "If all of ten of you are able to hit the yellow in the target at the end of an hour, Raven and I will fight." He tilted his head with a smirk on his face. I sighed. He wasn't even trying to conceal that he was challenging them. "Do we have a deal?"

North frowned, looking at me. "I don't want to see you get hurt."

Raven burst out laughing. "Her hurt? We fight seriously but we don't harm each other."

The ten of them shared a look. My smile dimmed a little when I noticed Milo. We were able to communicate like that when we were toddlers, but both of us had changed. Both of us had secrets. Mr. Blackbourne turned back towards Raven and me. "We agree."

Brandon smiled. His eyes shone with a dangerous glint, so different than his usual solemn expression. "Let the training begin."

I watched Axel and his team minus Corey start to tell the ten about guns and the rules. After ten minutes of watching them, I decided to search for Corey and Kayli. I think it was time to find out why Kayli was being like this. It took me a few minutes to find the two who were screaming at each other. They were clearly agitated with each other and tense. When I made my appearance known, Corey relaxed while Kayli became angrier.

"Hey, Luna," Corey gave me a small but tired smile.

"Hey, Solnechnyy svet," I approached them. "I think that the others need your help teaching the Primes."

Corey arched an eyebrow. I showed him that I wanted to talk to Kayli alone. He nodded and turned towards Kayli. "This conversation isn't over."

We were silent as Corey left us. When moments passed in angry silence. I sighed. "Kayli, why don't you like me?"

Kayli snorted. "Want one thing? Or do you want to hear all the reasons I hate you?"

I leaned against a tree. Although I showed calmness, my hand was in reach of my weapon. I know that Kayli was a part of Phoenix for years and part of the Tomas, but something was up with her. Although I didn't want to think the worst of her, I always had to be careful. My mission was to keep the Prime safe, even from fellow members. "Ignore that question, but answer this. Do you love the Toma team?"

Kayli narrowed her eyes before she spat out. "Of course I do. Why? Are you trying to steal them away from me?"

I refrained from groaning and wanting to bash her head. "No, I don't, but what you are doing right now is hurting them."

She glared at me. "Don't tell me what to do. Just because you are a high Phoenix agent doesn't mean you can tell me what to do." With those words, she turned and stormed towards the hideout.

My right eye twitched. How dumb can she be? True, I can't tell her what to do, but her career and her place on the Toma team are in my hands. If there was any evidence that she would danger this mission, I had the right to do what I need to do.

I turned and walked back to where the sounds of gunshots echoed in the forest. Coming up behind them, I watched as the Toma team helped the Prime shoot the 9mm guns. I chuckled as I watched Gabriel being thrown onto his back from the backfire. North turned around, his eyes landing on me. I smiled, walking over to him. Beside him, I looked at the target that was twenty meters away. I smiled, impressed with his results. All of his shots were within the blue and red sections of the target. "Good job."

"Motherfucking chicken shit," Gabriel cursed as he picked himself from the ground. "This is embarrassing."

I walked up to him and bit my lip from laughing. All of his targets were a straight line with a hole in each section. It was impressive but the reason why he was cursing was because he kept getting farther and farther from the middle of the target. "You did good, Gabriel. You just need to work on your aiming."

Gabriel sulked. "I've been trying but the more I concentrate, the more I get farther from the yellow."

I rubbed his back to calm him. He tensed for a few moments before relaxing. "Just relax. I notice that the more you concentrate the more you get tense. With shooting you need to have a balance of being relaxed and being ready. You just have to become comfortable with shooting."

He looked at my hair. "Your hair is beautiful."

I gave him a wary look and took a step back. "Do you have a hair fetish?"

His blue eyes widened and he spluttered, mixing curse words and nonintelligent words together. He blushed. "No, I don't. I'm known as the Artist which includes beauty. Your hair, which I assume is natural because it's exactly like Michel's, is rare. It's chameleon."

I touched my hair. "Thank you. I've never had someone compliment me on my hair."

His eyes brightened. "Do you have hair bleach at your place?"

I nodded. "I do. Why do you ask?"

He ran a hand through his hair. "I've always wanted to do something with my hair but the Academy was against it. Since I'm free, I want to do something."

I nodded. The Academy was very tyrannical with what the Primes looked like. "I can help you with your hair."

A bright smile came over his face. "I'd like that."

I looked around, noticing that several of the Primes were looking at us. I smirked. "What are you standing around for. We have thirty minutes until the end of the bet."