Chapter 29

Sean POV

It was hell. My body ached in ways that it has never ached before. My muscles were so sore by the time I finished the tenth lap, and I felt like I was sweating a river. I coughed as I tried to regain my breath. Hunched over with my hands on my knees, I sucked in air desperately as my chest ached before looking around me.

The other Prime were in the same condition, although Nathan, North, and Silas were doing a little better. Kota, Victor, and Gabriel looked the worse, green in the face and chugging water down their throats, and Milo and Luke were pale. They looked like a small breeze would knock them out.

Owen panted beside me; light sweat dotted his face. My eye twitched. I was so tempted to rub my sweat on him and grind dirt in his face. How in the hell could he not be sweating buckets like me and be so clean? Our bodies weren't that different. Well, except that he had a leaner form and was taller. Don't be fooled by his muscles either. They were genetics. (Not true, Dr. Green.) And he tended to workout slightly- and, by slightly, I mean, just slightly more than me (Aww, Sean, don't delude yourself).

The other people who were training were in various states. Some were like us, almost halfway in our graves, while some were doing better. I narrowed my eyes when I noticed a group of three men looking at us and snickering. The one in the middle was tall with swooped back sandy blonde hair, and blue eyes gleamed with confidence and haughtiness. To the left of him was a guy who was lean and looked shaggy. His brown hair was uneven against his forehead, and he gave a leer to anyone who was near him. The last person was tall like the person in the middle. He was tall but bald.

 A scar went through one of his eyebrows, and green eyes seemed detached and unbothered from everything. They were about Kota and the others' ages, and it was obvious that they had a problem with us. Their eyes were dark with hatred and a condescending smirk was plastered on their faces.

The one with shaggy brown hair laughed out loud. "Look at them. They are so out of their place."

"Don't, Greg," the one with the scar frowned at his companion, but he was ignored by the two.

The middle person snickered. "You're right, Greg. They look horrible. How do they think they can get a girl with the way they are looking right now? Maybe they are just used to another sort of exercise."

The ten of us froze. Sang had warned us that not everyone would be nice to us because we were Prime. I just didn't think that it would be coming from someone who would be fighting to end the cycle of o-blood men becoming glorified prostitutes.

The person who stood in the middle smirked. "Why in the hell do they think they can survive fighting? Wouldn't it be better if they did feminine things? Cooking, nursing, and sex is all they are good for. I mean, they were bred to be different than us."

The bald one who had been ignored gave his companions a silent glare before his distant look returned. He stepped away from the two as one of us moved towards them.

"Shut the fuck up," Gabriel growled as he turned towards the two jerks. "You don't know what we went through."

The one called Greg rolled his eyes. "Puh-lease, spare me. You got meals, better living situations, and pussy. You had people serving you on hand and foot. You should have stayed there. It's better than here, right, Rocky?"

"If it's better there than here, why aren't you there? Why even fight for the Phoenix when you have these thoughts?" Victor growled in frustration. He was angry at everyone thinking that they didn't suffer for things. They earned their things through their studies and bodies.

Rocky rolled his eyes. "Because we were born here, dummy." He ran his hand through his hair. "Just think, I could be rolling in the things that you deny."