Chapter 28

Milo POV

 Morning rose once again when the door to our room burst open. I yawned, rubbing my eyes. Yesterday resulted in all of us getting used to our new surroundings. Sang had warned us that we would start Bootcamp the following day so we should rest and get acclimated. After having dinner with her, I was left alone with my brothers while she had to do some of her duties. I guess that being gone for a few months without doing her general duties meant that her teams were temporarily under another general who was ready to shift Sang's responsibilities back.

I turned with a smile on my face, ready to greet my sister once again, but was disappointed when it was Axel who was standing in the doorway. He gave me a solemn nod before raising a small canister with what looked like a horn attached to the top. Without any warning, a loud blaring rang through the room, making me cover my ears. I cringed at the loud and annoying sound. When I opened my eyes, I noticed that my brothers were in various states of confusion and disarray. I almost snorted when I saw Luke clinging to Gabriel like a monkey and Owen with his hair sticking in every which way. North had startled and had fallen halfway off his bed. His back was resting against the floor while his feet were still tangled in his sheets.

"What the fuck was that?!" Gabriel yelled, throwing a still frozen Luke off him onto the floor. Luke yelped before scrambling to his feet. A sheepish look was on his face as he tried to regain some resemblance of manliness.

"Good morning," Axel said with a small smirk on his face. "That was your morning call."

"Are we late for training?" Nathan yawned. I blinked at him, trying to jump start to my brain to respond back to him.

"Bootcamp?" Silas said sleepily. He rubbed his eyes before hugging a pillow to his chest. He rested his head against the top of the pillow. Despite his muscles and tall height, he was a big softy and an obvious teddy bear.

I yawned, struggling to motivate myself to depart from my warm bed. It was weird to not wake to a sharp pain in the neck. At the Academy, they would wake us or "correct" us with painful shocks our collars emitted. The perks of being a Prime are so great, right? "What should we wear?"

Axel walked towards a closet and opened the door. Stacks of clothes, particularly workout clothes, were stocked. "Hurry up. I'm leaving in five."

At his words, we were scrambling to make our beds and change our clothing. Within five minutes, we were already following Axel to the canteen. A plate consisting of oatmeal, eggs, bacon, and a small bowl of fruit were placed on our trays. The rest of his team joined us. A glance at Corey with his arm in a sling showed me that he was doing better than yesterday. Raven was hovering around him, trying to airplane a piece of fruit speared on a fork. Their relationship was something I was not used to.

Even after talking to Damien and being around the Toma team, I was still baffled about being with multiple people at once. How could they not get jealous? Why does it seem so harmonious despite the different characteristics of each person? How could they continue with all the negative looks at them?

"So," Gabriel spoke around a spoonful of oatmeal. I smirked at his actions. He really was enjoying his time away from the Academy and sabotaging any training they had instilled into him. "What are we going to do in Bootcamp?"

Axel smiled yet something was brewing in his eyes. It made me shift in my seat in caution. He still wasn't someone I trusted well enough but I knew that Sang trusted him so that was enough. "Workout. We're going to see where you are at in your physical levels then train you in basic fighting techniques. We'll also see how well you are handling artillery, and then more physical training. After that, you are free for the day."