Prologue

The first 11 chapters will be the same as the original.

Prologue- Aug. 2059

The tv was unheard over the screams and cries that resounded in the house. A mother clutched her five-year-old son close to her arms as a man tried to stop the oncoming forces that were pushing their way into the family's house. The young boy looked at the sight in fear and screamed as a man clothed in black grabbed his arm before he was yanked off by his father. Suddenly a soldier raised the butt of his gun and brought down the weapon against the man's temple. The father crumpled to the floor with a trail of red slowly making its way down the side of his face. The group of five surged onto the mother, yanking her hair and forcing her to loosen her grip on her son. Her young boy slipped from her arms into the arms of an emotionless soldier. The soldier ignored the child's screams and kicks and strode towards their car.

The child struggled, screaming and crying for his mother or father to save him. When something sharp pricked his neck, his eyesight dimmed until he fell into a deep consciousness. The soldier laid him onto the ground next to a row of more unconscious boys ranging from young ages to late teens. The earbud in his ear buzzed before a female voice spoke over the comms. "Did you get him?"

"Number 1453 is secure," the soldier looked at the child. The child was handsome. No wonder he was part of the first batch. The dark curls framed the small face. His nose was straight, and his cheeks glowed with a light pink. The soldier slowly closed the door not to jostle them, disgusted at what they were ordered to do, and joined the driver. He looked over at his partner. "Let's go. We have a several more stops to do."

As they sped off into the night, the tv in the young family's house was loud in the silence. The male laid unconscious on the floor where he was knocked down. His wife was halfway down the hallway where she was propped against the wall. Her hair fell forward but wasn't able to cover the dark bruise on the side of her head.

"Breaking News," a voice spoke on the screen. A female with fiery hair looked straight into the camera. "Only a few hours ago, the government has agreed to push the Apex, which could be a solution to all of our problems. We recently interviewed head scientist and leader of the program Ms. Hart. We will show a clip of our interview. Ms. Jackson, please show the clip."

The tv switched to the clip. On the tv, a woman with glossy black hair and blue eyes was being interviewed. She smiled brightly. "We believe this is the solution to the decreasing amount of males being born in the world. The government has agreed with our plan."

The reporter leaned forward. Her red hair was bright like fire yet the gleam in her eyes were brighter. "Please, Ms. Hart, tell us what the solution to our problem is."

"With pleasure, Ms. Garner." The black hair lady spoke. "As we know in the past few decades, the Y chromosome has been slowly disappearing, resulting in less births of men. Because of the few number of men, most women are alone, and those who are pregnant have complications with birthing. This causes a problem to the women of the world. My team and I proposed a voluntary program where we gather young boys and give them free education. During that time, we will run tests with both men and women to see who match. When the boys turn eighteen, they will be given a choice to provide women with the chance of having children."

The interviewer smiled. "That's an interesting concept, Ms. Garner. I can't wait to see how this works out in the future."