Chapter 8

KOTA POV

I watched as Owen left the room. His eyes glinted and a frown on his face told me that he had something to tell us. As the hours passed, I couldn't wait to get away from Silver Holden. She was at least twice my age and had so much Botox and plastic surgery that she scared me a bit. A look at North and Sean told me that they didn't want to be near their buyers. Gabriel looked bored to death as compliments flowed out of his mouth at the teenager who looked like a child playing dress up. Horribly. Nathan was the look of ease but the tightness around his eyes told me that he wanted to get away from the red headed woman who had a hand down his pants. Luke had a tight grip on his champagne glass and smiled at his buyer who was looking tipsy. Victor and Silas looked like they had the women who had crazed stars in their eyes. Michel was the only one that seemed comfortable with his buyer yet I could see the nerves.

When the women finally left, I motioned for everyone to follow me to Owen's room. All of our rooms weren't big but we managed to stuff all of us in the tiny room. Sean sat down heavily on Owen's bed as the leader that we looked up to leaned against his wood desk. He had taken off his jacket and undid his tie. In his hands was an origami rose. "Report."

Nathan was the first who spoke. "I don't know what to say. Tomorrow I'm losing my virginity to a woman who told me that she dyed her hair to match mine because we were soulmates."

Gabriel scoffed. "Well, you're not stuck with a girl who wants compliments every minute. Half the night she fished for compliments while the other half was talking about how she wished she had another boy. You know that there is so many compliments about a dress that you can comment on."

North growled. "Jade's a psycho-bitch."

Silas looked at his best friend in sympathy. "The woman that bought me is the type that will do anything to keep me. She's a bit loose in here," he pointed to his head, "but I'm not really excited to spend the next week with her."

Victor grimaced. "The woman who bought me started to brag about her money and that she was able to buy my first time. She was talking about how she was planning on sharing me with her 'pets'." He spat the last word out. Pets were men and women who decided to sell themselves to one person to pleasure her in exchange for food and shelter.

Sean sighed. "I should be used to this, but I'm not. This was my first time meeting Silver Goldie Mann, and she plans on torturing me. She and Jade have plans on taking turns with us."

I cleared my throat. "My buyer was actually nice but she's conceited. She cares about appearances. She told me that while I was with her, I wouldn't be given food because I was too heavy for her."

Michelangelo spoke softly. He was the smallest of us all and soft spoken. "Silver Gloria is nice. She seems normal?" I looked down at the floor. He didn't have a trust for women and he wasn't sure what her actual nature was. We had no idea what normal was.

Luke shivered and whispered. "I don't want this." He brought his knees up to his chest and wiped his eyes. Looks can be deceiving. Luke's buyer looked kind and normal yet from Luke's expression, she was evil and cruel. "She was telling me the things that she wanted to do me. I'm scared."

North walked over to Luke and pulled him into his arms. North's eyes turned worried for his brother who rarely cried in front of any one. He was broken because he nor any one of us could stop the horrors that will happen.

The next words that were whispered almost caused my heart to stop. "What if we can escape?"

I looked up at our leader who was fingering the edge of the paper rose. He looked at each of us. "My buyer is willing to help us escape from the Academy. I managed to convince her to take all of us. The question is whether you nine are willing to take the risk."

The revelation that there was someone out there that was willing to help shook through me. In a world surrounded by evil, even I couldn't see the goodness sometimes. If we took her offer, we faced the risk of getting caught, running from the Academy, starvation, dying, yet we would have freedom.

"Yes," a voice whispered. I looked to my right to see Gabriel look downright furious. "I would take the fucking risks. I can't live like this anymore. I don't want to live like this anymore."

His words hit something inside me. I didn't want to live like this. I was tired of having every move of my life made for me just because i was male. I wanted freedom and a chance to what choices I wanted to make. Murmurs of agreement filled the room, and gray eyes looked at us in relief and pride. "Our decision is unanimous." Within seconds he started to tear apart the rose.

Unknown POV

I stared at the silent facility. The night was cold, and only a few lights were on. Behind me, footsteps stopped behind me. Looking over my shoulder were twelve faces covered in black masks. They stayed in the shadows and were covered in black. They were also armored from head to toe to take on a small nation. I looked back at the building and raised my hand. I covered my face with my white mask. I spoke, my voice distorted with the help of a gadget. "We ready?"

the twelve stood at attention. Behind their goggles, I knew that they would do anything to help these men escape. "We fight and rise."

I chuckled. "And if we fall, we rise as phoenixes."