Chapter 15

My gun was pointed at my awakener before my eyes were fully open. The metal barrel of my gun brushed against sandy blonde hair. Mismatched blue and green eyes hovered above me. He was still as I stared at him with my gun against his head.

I glanced at his attire. Marc wore a black jacket over a black shirt and black combat pants. His mask that would cover his nose and mouth hung loose around his neck. A rifle peeked over his shoulder, and I knew that he had more weapons concealed on his body. I gave him a small nod, and Marc slowly uncovered my mouth before speaking. "The Academy is here."

My grip on my gun tightened in surprise and anger. "How?"

I climbed out of my bed. My eyes adjusted to the darkness before I walked over to my closet. I had just opened the closet door when he spoke. "Kayli betrayed us."

I froze. That bitch turned on us. Her family. Her organization. If she appeared right now, she'd be dead in less than a blink of an eye. I slid my clothes off. I felt the slight shift in the air as Marc turned around. I wanted to smile but now wasn't the time. Grabbing my clothes, I quickly donned an outfit similar to Marc's.

"The others are wakening the Prime," said Marc. I turned around and strode out the door into the living room where the Prime and the rest of the Toma team were waiting. The prime were still waking up. Their jackets and clothes had been thrown on, and their emergency bags and special items were strapped onto their bags. Sleepy pairs of eyes looked at me as I entered.

"What is happening?" Owen asked.

I sucked in a breath. "Kayli snitched on us. The Academy is on their way here."

Nathan sat down heavily. "Our freedom ends here."

I pulled my hair into a low ponytail. "It won't." With all their eyes on me, I continued. "We did not just risk our lives last night to free you just to hand you back. We have a chance.

Victor stepped forward, his eyes burning. "I'm not going back without a fight."

"Neither am I," Milo spoke. The others nodded.

"The Toma team is with you," Axel said. "What are your orders?"

My lips formed a small smile. "Marc will lead you guys into the forest. He-"

"We're not leaving you," North growled. His eyes flashed with determination.

Usually I'd be happy for that look in their eyes but this wasn't the time to be going against me. I looked at him. "Right now, you are not able to fight back. If you did, you'd be more of a hindrance than help."

"And we're suppose to leave you in the line of fire?" Kota looked at me wide-eyed.

Brandon spoke. "Yes." His cerulean blue eyes were cold. "Because this is what we do. We fight and kill so we can rescue people like you."

A voice spoke, turning heads. Owen's grey eyes searched us. "We will follow Marc. We said that we would follow her. So we will."

The Prime quieted, and I gave a nod in thanks to Owen who gave me his millimeter smile. I continued. "Marc will lead the Prime to Destination Cinderella. If we haven't joined you guys by midnight, you are to leave towards headquarters. Do not go on the trails or safehouses that Kayli knows about. For all we know, they are compromised."

Marc stood up which made the Prime stand too. Marc came towards me, pulling me in a sudden hug. His breath tickled my ear as he spoke. "I know what you will have to do if you see Kayli. Know that I won't blame you, Sang."

My heart ached. The Toma team knew that Kayli was a loose end that needed to be taken care of. When we come upon her tonight, I won't make the Toma team take care of her. That burden will be on me, but what Marc said lifted some of the burden. They won't hate me for what I have to do.

I nodded. "Be safe. Take care of them and yourself."

He smirked. "Don't worry about me. Worry about these brothers of mine. They're helpless without me."

Brandon snorted. "Whatever, coffee boy."

Marc gave us a two fingered salute before ushering the Prime out of the doors. Milo grabbed my arm and pulled me into a hug. His familiar scent surrounded me. "I just got you back. I can't lose you again."

Tears prickled at my eyes, but I forced them back. Swallowing the lump in my throat, I pulled back to look into his sad brown eyes. "And you won't. Remember, I did this for you. I won't let myself die when we haven't caught up." We smiled at each other. "Now go. The farther you are from here, the better."

He nodded, kissing my forehead. "Be safe."

I smiled. "I will."

As he disappeared into the forest, I let my emotions drain away until the familiar coldness was left. Turning I looked at the remaining Toma members. Sadness was in their eyes. I knew that they were thinking about Kayli. Despite all the things that she had done or said, she was still the girl they had fallen in love with. Even if that girl was in the past.

Corey shook his head. The glassy cold look appeared in his eyes. "Sang, what are your orders?"

"Corey, contact HQ about Kayli and send a message to Lake and Karla and the Anderson Team. Tell them that they are not safe anymore. Axel, Raven, get the weapons ready. We're going hunting." I turned towards the last member. A grin appeared on my face. "Brandon, we have some work to do. We're going out with a boom."

Whew, finally updated. Hoped you guys like it!! Tell me what you think. Love, Azallya