Chapter 2: Father Daughter Bonding

Bruce looked at Amira, stumped by her wailing.

At first he thought it was because she already missed Talia, but it's been a solid three hours since then and she never cried between that time until now. It wasn't until he had placed her on his bed that she started to become fussy, her small hands waving all over the place.

Perhaps she adored being held?

"Master Bruce - good heavens! What is that- is that a child you have there Master Bruce?" Alfred asked as he stepped into Bruce's bedroom with a tray of tea, appalled by the odor in the room.

"Meet Amira...my daughter." Bruce introduced, watching as Alfred set down the tray, slowly approaching the wailing girl.

"Pardon me Master Bruce, but when was the last time you changed the young miss?"

"Changed?" Bruce asked, glancing at Alfred and then at Amira. "As in, clothes?"

"I meant her diaper." Alfred clarified, picking up Amira and bouncing her in his arms, Bruce not liking how easily Amira stopped crying. "I will bathe the young miss while you start heading to the nearest baby store. Here's a list of things I need you to buy."

Alfred quickly took out his notepad and scribbled away, tearing off two sheets worth of writing and handing it to Bruce. "Hurry now. We don't have all evening."

And so Bruce was pushed out of his room, sent on a mission to buy... baby things...

-----

"Do you need help si- Mister Wayne! Oh! I-um...how can I help you?" The store worker asked him, averting her gaze.

What was the richest person in Gotham doing in a department store like the one she worked in?!

Bruce looked at her name tag. Elizabeth. He'll make sure to pay her for his troubles.

"Hi, I'm looking for all of these items, but I've searched throughout this store and can't seem to find them." Bruce said, handing Elizabeth the list Alfred had given him. He watched as the young girl's eyes widened before looking at Bruce and back at the list.

"You can find all of these on our third floor, in the baby department." Elizabeth provided, stifling a laugh when Bruce looked at her confused.

There was a third floor? "Would you like it for someone to-"

"Please." Bruce practically begged, Elizabeth nodding. Bruce watched as she ran to a fellow coworker, gestured at him before running back to him. Bruce noticed the way the other coworker paled when she saw him.

"Well Mister Wayne, my name is Elizabeth and I'll be glad to be of service."

"Thank you so much."

-----

Bruce spent the next three hours being led by Elizabeth around the baby section, only then noticing that he really wasn't up to the task.

When Elizabeth talked about Amira's age, Bruce didn't know what to say. He didn't know how old she was, what she was able to do or even eat. Vaccines? Apparently, babies needed that too.

"I also suggest talking to your daughter frequently." Elizabeth states, picking up another adorable outfit for Amira. You can never go wrong with dresses. "Talking to her would help enhance her speech, especially if she's not babbling. Babbling should be common for her if she's around six months old."

"How do you know so much?" Bruce decided to ask, looking at the cart that was almost filled to the brim with supplies and clothes. There were bottles, sippy cups, plastic bowls, bibs, a few interactive toys, a white crib and a stroller. Oh...and diapers...lots of them.