Chapter 6: Meeting the League

When Amira woke up, all she heard was yelling and shouting, causing her head to ache even more than what it did. Cradling her head, Amira slowly got up, noticing that she had her black gloves on, meaning she was still Ladybird.

They still don't know her identity.

Good.

"-supposed to know that it was Bruce Wayne of all people!" Amira noticed it was the glowing man from before. He was sitting in what seemed to be a hovering green chair.

So he was a magic user...kinda like how she was.

Speaking of her father, where was he?

"I tried to warn you." Another man muttered, running a hand through his hair. He wore a blue bodysuit, an 's' for an emblem on his chest. "But you decided to jump ahead, disregarding my warning of a civilian-"

"I don't follow the orders of a person who just self-appointed themselves as the leader." Greenie sternly said, crossing his arms. "Wait a minute. Last time I checked-"

"Will the two of you stop arguing like children and restrain yourselves?" The woman from earlier spoke, Amira relaxing when the woman looked at her with soft blue eyes. "Ladybird is awake."

Amira watched as the woman approached her, the two men following right behind her. "Hello little one. Sorry, Ladybird." The woman sat next to Amira, Amira scooting a bit away from her. "I mean no harm. My name is Diana. Diana of Themyscira."

Amira remained silent, looking between the three adults.

Who the hell were they?

"Maybe she only speaks French?" Greenie suggested.

The woman looked back at Amira with a smile.

"Est-ce que tu vas bien?" The woman asked her, Amira having to register her voice a bit before realizing what she was saying.

"I'm-I'm alright." Amira responded, not missing the way both Diana and Greenie looked at her in surprise. "And I can speak and understand English perfectly fine...if that makes it easier for everyone."

"A bilingual hero..." Greenie muttered.

"Multilingual, actually." Amira wanted to say with a smirk, but held herself. "Who are you and where am I?" Amira held her tongue about asking about her father, knowing it might jeopardize her identity, if they didn't know it yet.

"As I said before, my name is Diana." Diana gestures to the two men standing in front of them. "These two gentlemen are Hal Jordan and Cla-"

"Superman." Superman cut off, Amira noticing how skittish he was acting and how Diana gave him a quizzical look. Her heart stopped. Did he know?

"As for who we are, we're the Justice League." Diana explained, getting up and kneeling in front of Amira. "We happened to see the broadcast of your fight against Remediator and I have to say, you're quite the skilled fighter."

Amira felt heat rise to her cheeks, pressing her fingers against them. When was the last time she was ever praised? She couldn't quite remember.

"Diana, you broke her." Hal pointed out, Diana glaring at him before looking back at Amira.

"Usually, we wouldn't come in direct contact with other heroes from other countries, but I just had to go to Paris to greet the new Ladybug holder."

At those words, Amira felt her blood freeze. She quickly bolted off the sofa she was on and pushed it towards them, her yo-yo out and twirling in her hand as she glared at the three who looked at her wide eyed.