Chapter 7: Fight

Amira looked at the white board inside her walk-in closet, reviewing the new information she got last night. During last night's patrol, Amira took a break halfway through, using the time to ask Tikki more questions regarding the miraculous.

They were earrings, which thankfully, can shift in design but can't change its original form: earrings.

So here was Amira, sporting all black studs. Simple and hidden in plain sight. Amira also found out that the appearance of the earrings can always be changed as Tikki doesn't have to use too much energy to do so. Therefore, Amira has been planning on changing its appearance after every akuma attack, an easy tactic to see exactly how much Hawkmoth himself knows about the Ladybug miraculous.

Next up, her yo-yo. Turns out that it's more than just that. While it works as a tracker and phone, it only works when Amira is transformed. No yo-yo, no way to communicate with Chat. Because of this, Amira decided to get him a burner phone to make sure the two can communicate outside the suit. Will also help in case they have to communicate during an energy break while there is an akuma.

Her costume. Thankfully, Tikki had told her that it morphs into whichever design the holder has in their head. With more concentration on the design, the more the costume will have what the holder would want. After patrol, Amira made it her mission to get the utility belt in her design and after plenty of trial and errors, Amira got it.

Now she had smoke pellets, a taser, a small utility knife and a first aid kit at her disposal. Of course, the belt came with a price - her dagger.

Brushing out her hair, Amira looked at her reflection. She always hated having long hair. While Dick always told her that he liked her hair when it was long (because he liked braiding it for her), Amira never took a shine to having long hair.

It was a hassle to brush out, to clean. During track (even though she was only on the team for two years), Amira hated seeing other girls have their lucky amulets in their hair. A special pin or hair tie from their fathers and sometimes from their-

"-to Marinette!" Tikki yelled, snapping Amira from her trip down memory hell.

"Tikki, I live across the school. I won't be late." Marinette stated, continuing to stare at her reflection.

"I know that, but your phone has been buzzing nonstop!" Tikki said, showing her the multiple texts she was receiving.

Marinette took it, smiling when she saw they were from Wally and Dick, telling her to have a better day at school than yesterday's disaster. "Are they from your friends?"

"You can say that." Marinette said, tucking her phone into her pocket, looking at her reflection once again. "Tikki. Can you grab my fabric scissors on the table near my monitors?"

-

"It suits you." Alya randomly told Marinette after the end of their first class. "Your hair, I mean. Don't think I didn't notice it." Marinette simply blinked, wondering why people always said a compliment before bringing up their actual motives. "Name's Alya-"

"-Cesaire. I know. Now if you excuse me, I have a class to get to." Marinette filled in, getting up to leave, only for Alya to grab her wrist. "Let go."

"Sorry!" Alya apologized, letting go of Marinette. "I just...I just wanted to tell you that you were a bit too harsh on Mlle Bustier yesterday. You should apologize." Alya didn't expect a scoff from Marinette.

"I'm not going to apologize for standing up for what I know is right."

"Mlle Bustier-"

"-should've done her job correctly instead of enabling, especially now that Hawkmoth is a threat. But even with Hawkmoth out of the picture, Ms.Bustier shouldn't have just assumed it was Ivan who instigated the argument. There's always two sides of a story and we should always make it our job to figure out who is right. Sometimes, we even figure out why things happened the way they did. Sometimes, we find out we are wrong and when that happens, we have to accept it. If not, how else will we grow?"