Chapter 16: Villain (1)

Wally stirred around in the bed, patting around the bed to look for his phone. After a while, he found it, flinching harshly when he found it and dared to check the time within the dark room.

5:30 in the morning.

Getting up, Wally noticed Amira missing from her room, deciding to look for her.

Unsurprisingly, he found her in the kitchen, baking.

"Want to talk about it?" Wally asked, sitting on a nearby stool. He watched Amira continue to knee the bread dough, her lips pursed as she ignored him. "Want to talk about something else?"

The pregnant silence in the kitchen remained there until Amira spoke moments later.

"Please." Amira practically begged as she whispered, her kneeing stopping.

"Say no more. Remember when you left me here alone? I can't believe you didn't tell me about Bridgette! She's the most adorable baby there is! And can you believe she actually held my hand? She held it for like two seconds. Two seconds!"

Wally went on to talk about the time he spent with Bridgette and how next time he will bring her some toys to play with.

He watched as Amira's shoulders began to sink back down, her kneeing becoming less aggressive and the furrow of her brows less tense.

Wally made a mental note of investigating what caused Amira to have nightmares again.

After all, it's been months he last saw her stress baking because of one.

What caused her to have one now?

-----

Marinette appreciated the cold wind in her face, allowing her to forget the events from this morning.

She didn't think video games would give her flashbacks of the days she used to play them with Jason. Days where they would stay up all night playing them until Alfred caught them or the days Dick would join them and then whine when he would lose.

Memories she believed she had deeply buried within her mind only for a Victim to bring them back with ease.

Days she missed dearly and wished badly for...

But the past was the past and there was nothing she could do to bring Jason back...even if she wanted to...

Stopping at the bottom of the school steps, she let out a deep sigh before going up the stairs, hoping to forget the vivid dreams of last night.

Just as she had a small plan on how to get rid of them, the moment she stepped into the school, she knew something was off. Something was interrupting the equilibrium and she hated that.

Shaking the feeling off, Amira headed to class, taken back by the small decorations in the classroom.

The windows were decorated with paper snowflakes, red and green ribbons draped around the yard.

"What's all this?" Marinette asked herself, preparing herself for the upcoming school day. Keeping her scarf, she put away her coat and a few textbooks she didn't need.

"Dudette, do you really not know why the school is decorated this way?" Nino asked, closing his locker.

"No be honest, no." A gasp came from the other side, Chloe appalled at her.

"Dupain-Cheng. Christmas is just around the corner! How did you forget that!"

"Christmas?" Marinette repeated, wondering how she missed the holi-

Oh...right. "I...I don't really celebrate it." Marinette admitted, then remembering the last time she ever spent Christmas with her Grandpere and father...and with Jason... or rather...without him...