Chapter 17: Villain (2)

Something wasn't right and no, it didn't take Wally having to see fog outside Amira's bedroom to know that.

He had been on the phone with Dick, telling him of Amira's stress baking when the chilly afternoon became a dark, foggy evening.

Rolls of mist covered the Parisian roads, people yelling out to each other as they stumbled to find each other.

"Dick. I have to call you back." Wally said as he scrambled around the room in search of his suitcase.

To think he would need Barry's gift so soon.

"Back? Wally what is-" Wally hung up when he found the comms, his eyes darting around the room until he found a box tucked under the desk labeled 'utilities.'

Rummaging around it, he grabbed some flashlights, batteries and some goggles before heading into the Parisian street.

He thought the fog was bad from behind the window, but now standing in...it was a nightmare.

Amira, please...be safe...

Fishing for his phone, Wally quickly scrolled through his contacts until he found Amira's and began to call it.

The longer the call rang, the more Wally began to worry.

When his call didn't get through, he tried again, turning on the goggles, taken aback at how high tech they were.

The perks of being rich he guessed.

When he noticed that the night vision wouldn't work in this situation, Wally switched over to thermal, running into the school across the street and up the stairs.

"Marinette!" Wally yelled, holding back the urge to yell out her real name. But he knew better than that.

He knew better than to yell out Amira's real identity.

"Marinette! Where are you?" Wally yelled out again, looking to see if anyone reacted to the name. That's when he noticed a heat carefully walked towards the doorway of a classroom on the second floor.

"Hello?" A Parisian asked him, Wally clicking his tongue. Yes, he understood French, but it wasn't the voice he wanted to hear back.

"Do you know where Marinette is? Do you know what happened to-"

"She was akumatized!" The person bellowed back, Wally feeling his heart stop.

Amira...Amira is the akuma? She...she got akumatized...by Hawkmoth?

How? This wasn't part of the plan she told him last night!

Snapping from his spiraling thoughts, Wally cupped his hands around his mouth.

"What caused it?" Wally asked, wondering what the hell happened to Amira that caused her to lose control of her emotions.

What caused her to snap?

"She had a little argument over a boy with her classmate. About a boy named...Jason."

Holy shit.

"No, no, no, no." Wally muttered to himself, digging his hands into his hair, hating the answer to his questions.

"Are you-" The person asked, Wally seeing them almost hit with the balcony in front of them.

"Stop! Don't leave the classroom! Stay in there and wait for La-Chat Noir and the team to arrive." Wally managed to say, his brain running through every possible situation to help him cope with the idea that Amira was somewhere out there, distorted by her emotions...