Chapter 18: Heroes

Gris sighed as she watched her various clones run off to different directions, slumping against an empty can of cat food.

It's been two hours since Marinette became Banshee.

There was no sign of Ladybird and with Queen Bee out of commission, Gris wondered if they were even able to take this Victim down.

While Master Fu assured her that things will work out, Gris couldn't help but feel-

"Mice have been deployed. How are things on your side?" Gris said into her comms, waiting for her partners' updates. She let out a deep breath, watching it merge with the fog.

She can't let herself lose hope...not yet.

"It's difficult to ensure that no one will get swept up by my plan." Ryuuko spoke. "Because I have thought of one."

"There aren't any civilians in the streets in our area at the moment. Carapace and I just confirmed that." Chat managed to answer. "So if you have a plan, go ahead and try what you have in mind."

"On it." Ryuuko said, the girl looking at the fog covering all of Paris. "Wind Dragon!"

She watched herself turn into the wind, flying up until she bursted through the layer of fog. Returning half of her body into her original state, Ryuuko summoned her katana, only to find out it had turned into an epee.

It reminded her of the one she often carried in her civilian form, a fencing sword that had been passed on from her grandfather to her mother, and then to her. The only difference between the two were the colors. While the family heirloom was red in color, the one in her hands is black.

Only the handle and button were two other colors. The tip was now white while the handle was decorated in gold and white.

Realizing she was distracted by her epee's elegance, Ryuuko meditated for a while before her eyes shot open.

Letting out a battle cry, Ryuuko let out an attack, the slash not making a single effect at the dense fog beneath her.

Returning to her wind form, Ryuuko decided to move on to Plan B.

Stretching out her hands, she focused her strength and summoned gusts of winds, the streams of wind circling around all of Paris.

"Ryuuko! What are you doing?" She heard Chat yell at her through the comms. "If you continue to do that, you'll-"

"Do not worry Chat. I'll make sure to not exert myself." Ryuuko promised. With an 'alright, be safe' and a click, Ryuuko went back to work.

-----

Wally didn't know how long he was sitting on the cold ground, still trying to process what the hell happened to him.

"-y! Wally! Can you hear me?" Wally managed to recognize Barry's concern, pulling his hands out of his hair and instead wrapped them around himself.

He was still shaking.

He can't give them a reason to barge in...even if he -and possibly the Miraculous Team- were in dire need of help. "Wally." He heard him say again.

Tiredly, Wally chose to finally answer him.

"I'm alright." Wally tried to assure. He hated how he was able to hear his own scattered heartbeat despite talking through the comms.

"Wally. We know-"

"No, you don't know what's going on here." Wally growled, trembling as he attempted to get up, only for his legs to give in.