Chapter 21: Advice

Amira pushed Damian aside, not having a moment to yell at him before she was engaged into combat by Deathstroke yet again.

She blocked attack after attack with her staff, having to spring off his blade at one point, connecting the end of her staff to the side of his head, cracking his eye-sore of a helmet. Just as she was about to attack again, she was pushed aside by Damian, Amira rolling and colliding with a destroyed column.

"I told you to stay out of my way!" Damian yelled at her as he exchanged blows with Deathstroke. Metal grinded against metal as Damian drove Deathstroke into a waltz, the two exchanging attacks, using picture frames and statues in hopes of slowing the other down.

Amira watched as frames were destroyed, faces distorted as wood flew all over the place, statues crumbling to pieces as they met a blade or the floor.

When Deathstroke finished introducing himself earlier, Damian quickly launched himself into combat, the two quickly making a mess of the study. Not wanting them to destroy it even further, Amira extended her staff and rammed it into Deathstroke's back, causing him to plant his face onto the wall.

"Stay out of my fight." Damian gritted, Amira not backing down.

"This is my fight as well. This is my home after all." Amira bluntly stated, watching as Damian huffed at her response. "And I want him out and away from here."

Before either could continue their argument, Deathstroke was back up and ready to go, which Damian happily continued where the two had left off.

Amira watched as Damian led Deathstroke to the entrance of the manor, even at the cost of the staircase, Tim almost launching himself into the fight before Amira held him back.

"Isn't your arm injured?"

"Aren't we going to help him?" Tim asked back, flinching when Amira glared at him.

"I will be helping him. You stay here." Amira instructed, extending the staff into its full length.

"I can still fight."

"Not with that arm you can't."

"Let me-"

"Drake." Amira sternly said, watching as Tim sunk into himself. "Remember how I told you a Robin has to be well rounded and excel in combat?" She didn't let him respond. "They also have to know their place in a fight, so for you, it means to stay here, at the sidelines." With that, Amira left Tim alone to provide some type of support towards Damian...

Or at least that was the plan...

Whenever she tried to help Damian, she would get attacked by him or have him collide with her. Or even worse, be his personal shield or decoy. He would then have the audacity to yell at her for interfering and for being merciful. When she would have an opportunity to take Deathstroke by surprise, Damian would get in her way and cast her aside, not caring about having wasted a perfectly good plan.

And that's how it had been playing out for the past few minutes since then, leading to now.

"Argh!" Damian yelled out as Deathstroke had managed to knock his sword out of his hand and stab his own into Damian's arm.

Unsheathing his other sword, Deathstroke was about to use it to pin Damian to the wall only for Amira to catapult her way towards Damian, dropping kicking Deathstroke in the face.

"I had it handled." Damian told her as he pulled out the sword from his arm, the blood dripping onto the floor.

"You're welcome." Amira threw back, taking out the weapons in the holster she had picked up earlier, watching Deathstroke charge at her.