Chapter 9: Last Name Wayne

Amira looked at her map, placing two sticky notes on it. One over where Dupont was located and another over the Louvre. Amira took a step back, looking at what she had so far.

"What are you up to Marinette?" Tikki asked, sitting on her chosen's shoulder, munching on a cookie. They had just come back from defeating yet another Victim, this time thanks to Chloe.

Marinette's classmate, Rose, was the Victim this time around. Turning into Princess Fragrance, Rose was able to make anyone she encountered her slave with the spritz of her perfume inspired gun.

"Just jotting down some information, that's all." Marinette provided, pulling her blanket over herself. Ever since she's become the wielder of the Ladybug miraculous, Amira has been experiencing some odd things.

For starters, she started to become more cold upon November creeping up on her, a hassle for her when it came to her sparring lessons with Chat during the chilly evenings.

Lately, the two have agreed to meet at Montparnasse Tower for training, Ladybird not telling Chat about how she had bought the place especially for them to train.

LB made it clear that they won't be using their miraculous at all during training, something that bothered Chat. But she made it clear to him that in the instance that perhaps they lose temporary holds on their miraculous, they still had to be prepared for whatever is thrown at them.

For that very reason, LB also also started making Chat get used to wearing a mask before transforming. In the case that they needed to recharge, their identities would still remain a secret.

Over the course of the month, Chat had been getting better at hand to hand combat, although his focus and tactics could use some more work. Out of ten matches, Chat had been able to claim three wins. An improvement from zero.

Although, maybe it was due to LB being affected by the cold, giving Chat an advantage. But Amira chose to get rid of that thought.

Chat was improving and that's what she needed. For him to get better so that when they had to defeat Hawkmoth, he was ready.

"Are these all the akuma attacks so far?" Tikki asked, counting twelve dots. While the dots were scattered, a few were starting to center at a particular location. "They don't look like much help."

"I wouldn't say as much." Marinette pointed at the two farthest locations: Trocadero and Ménagerie du Jardin des Plantes. "These are the farthest akuma attacks, but look at this." She then dragged her finger over to the Louvre. "There have been at least two attacks here while Ménagerie du Jardin des Plantes only has one. Makes me think that the zoo was either a sloppy job done to throw us off or to show us the extent of his powers."

"So, in other words?" Tikki asked, watching as Marinette picked up a string and pencil, measuring the distance between the location where most akuma attacks happened and where Trocadero and the Louvre were located. The distances were almost the same.

"We may have a lead and as much as it pains me to say this, we just have to wait for more akuma attacks to know for sure." Marinette looked at the possible epic center: her neighborhood.

-----

Marinette walked into the classroom, noticing various adults in the room.

"What is going on?" Marinette muttered, taking her seat and pulling her sweater closer to her body. Even with a turtleneck and a wooly sweater, Marinette could still feel the chilly breezes of that morning.

"Girl, did you forget? It's career day! Where we have to bring our parents in to talk about their jobs?" Marinette froze. That was today?

The event completely slipped her mind as she spent the week fighting akumas and talking to Dick about possibly staying with him for the holidays.