Chapter 13: Love

"Wait, I could just do that?" Chat exclaimed, looking at the akuma that crumbled under his hand.

It was another day without Ladybird, but Chat and Bee were able to handle the past two akumas with ease and with little damage.

The first time around, the duo met with Ladybird's kwami Tikki to help purify the akuma. But after witnessing Tikki eat the akuma before spitting it right out purified...let's just say the duo were left a bit traumatized.

Not wanting to see that again, Chat and Bee decided to look for alternate ways to purify an akuma. Or at least get rid of them before causing more trouble.

"Wait, how did you not know?" Bee asked.

"Never tried." Chat said with a slight shrug. "Which reminds me, I have to tell LB something after this."

Queen Bee noticed how Chat frowned, his eyes becoming dull.

"You too?" Bee asked, watching as Chat's ring was down to its last pad.

"Wait, what do you mean by 'you too'?"

"I have to leave for the States in a few weeks. Something about having to keep appearances and the sorts." Bee huffed, watching the Parisian sky starting to darken.

"What are the odds? I also have business in the States, although it's more about business than appearances in my case."

"Seeing as the two of us have to tell LB, how about we tell her the news together?" Bee suggested.

"Sounds like a plan. Although it has to wait for some other day. Right now, I have a meeting to attend, so later!"

Queen Bee watched as Chat Noir left the training grounds in a hurry, noticing the fake smile plastered on his face.

"You're being dragged into it too, aren't you?"

-----

"Morning." Marinette told Adrien and Chloe, much to the surprise of everyone else in the class.

How did the trio become friends overnight? And wasn't Marinette best friends with Alya?

"Marinette. The sun is out, I'm having a great hair day and all you can say is morning?" Chloe huffed. "Good morning to you too."

"Hello Marinette! Feeling any better?" Adrien decided to ignore Chloe, Marinette nodding.

"To be honest, a bit. Still got to take my medication and rest, but staying in bed won't do me any good."

Amira recalled the text message she received this morning, her father asking her how she was.

Selina had filled him in when he called back, telling him about the situation. Amira also learned of his visit through the baker's surveillance cameras.

While she had told him that she didn't care what he did, it hurt to see that he came to visit her.

Then again...what right did she have to feel sad that he didn't try to talk to her when she's already pushed him?

"-to Marinette. You see Adrikins? I'm telling you, she needs to stay-"

"He could've at least let me have known he came over." Chloe and Adrien found Marinette mumbling, a frown on her face.

"He? Did someone-" Adrien started only for Miss Bustier to walk into the class and start the class.

Chloe watched as Marinette zoned out during their first class, watching as Alya didn't bother to check in with her supposed 'best' friend.