Chapter 23: Family, Friends and Identities (2)

Damian sat in the middle of the archive room, assessing his new findings over the portrait he found of his father and sister with the unknown woman although he did have an inkling of who she might just be.

However, guesses are guesses until you have enough evidence to make them into truths.

One thing led to another and after coming to an obvious conclusion, he needed some evidence to know that he was right...that he was right.

Which is how he found himself in front of his sister's room.

After all, she must have some clues about the woman that shared the same portrait as her, even if it was from some time ago.

It was strange to say the less the awkwardness Damian felt as his hand hovered over the doorknob leading into sister's room.

While there was a logical, or rather, biological reasoning for Amira's existence, that was just it...

He has a sister.

He has a sister who he didn't know about until just a few hours ago.

A sister that is the same age as him and has been living with their father since she was a toddler.

He didn't even know about him until he was four and even then, he didn't know his name until he requested it as a prize for managing to land a hit on his grandfather on his birthday duel...

And that was years ago...

He didn't want to thank the traitor, but...if it weren't for Wilson's invasion, he would have never-

"You shouldn't be here." A voice spoke from behind him, Damian holding in a huff.

Timothy Jackson Drake.

Father's latest charity case...

Even though Drake has one relative left to care for him...never mind that.

Just how long has he been standing there?

Ignoring the child, Damian turned the knob, only for it to only turn halfway.

Of course it was locked.

"Amira-" Drake started, only for Damian to cut him off.

"What my sister owns and does should not be a secret to me. I'm her brother."

"Blood doesn't justify invading another person's privacy." Tim argued, recalling the importance of the word 'blood' and 'biological' meant to him. " She shouldn't have to report about every little thing she does. She has a right to keep secrets to herself. Not even Jason walked into her room unless she allowed him in. And that's considering the fact that Jason was the closest to her."

Damian pondered for a minute, his hand never letting go of the door knob.

"Jason...as in Jason Todd?"

Tim fought the urge to let out a snort.

"I thought you knew-"

"I saw him once in the halls of our headquarters." Damian casually mentioned, wondering what Drake's expression would look like. "Todd looked just like you when he arrived; scrawny and lacking any sense of-"

"Jason was with you?" Damian turned to face him and based on the expression on Drake's face, it seems like no one knew where Todd resided these past few months... or the fact that he was even alive.

"Apparently you lack the skill to comprehend. I only saw him. Never actually interacted with that plebeian." He watched the boy's eyes narrow.

"Do you always look down on those beneath-"