Chapter 14: Wayne Gala

Alfred looked at the teens in the back of the car that conversed in French, glad to finally meet the duo that were Amira's latest addition to her circle of friends.

While Amira called them mere conveniences, Alfred knew that they were anything but that. After all, she would talk about them during half of their weekly calls.

Shortly before leaving for Paris, Amira had asked if she was able to do weekly calls with him, Alfred quickly agreeing and even giving her a private line for their calls.

Around two and a half weeks ago, Amira had told him about her two friends going to Gotham and asking if there was some way to ensure their safety.

Amira suggested the family hosting their stay, in which Alfred found it to be a marvelous idea.

"If I may ask Miss Amira, why did you suggest this idea?"

"I need to make sure they're safe." She told him. "Paris' Victims are one thing, Gotham's villains are another. Seeing as I'm not allowed to even be near a gala until I'm officially introduced to society, I need to do what I can to ensure their safety...I don't want to lose them."

"Pardon me for suggesting this Miss Amira, but why don't you just come to Gotham to ensure their safety?

"As much as I know that I can, you know I really can't. Paris needs me here. They need Ladybird to remain in Paris until the Hawkmoth threat is lifted. Until then, I am to stay here..."

"M.Pennyworth, is this really okay with M.Wayne? In regards to hosting our stay, that is." Chloe asked, feeling Adrien squeeze her hand.

Despite already being teens, there were still habits the two still shared. After all, Chloe was the only other child Adrien knew growing up. She was his safety blanket during events they were forced to attend as kids... just like he was hers.

She still remembers them as clear as day.

"Have no worries about it, Miss Chloe, Master Adrien. Master Bruce and Master Dick were delighted to hear about the two of you attending tomorrow's gala, Master Dick more so than Master Bruce."

"Master Dick?" Adrien decided to ask. His father never told him about there being another Wayne.

"Master Bruce's son. Adopted, of course." Alfred elaborated, not once taking his eyes off the road. "Seems like we have arrived. Welcome to Wayne Manor."

-----

Tim peeked from behind the doorway when he heard two accented voices join Alfred's upon the manor door opening.

Tim watched as the two blonds gawked at the manor interior, setting their luggage beside themselves.

He jumped when a hand landed on his head, Tim turning to see Dick looking at him with a tired smile.

Tim frowned.

"You should be in bed."

"I have to make sure everything goes according to plan. For everything to work out as if he was here with us."

"Dick, stop pushing yourself like this. You have to rest."

Dick simply smiled at Tim as he chose then to approach the two guests.

"Welcome! The two of you must be Adrien and Chloe! Marinette speaks so much about you two!" Dick cheerfully said, stretching out his hand towards Adrien.

"You know Marinette?" Adrien asked, wondering- that's right. He must know about her if Marinette knew Selina. "That must've sounded stupid. Marinette knows Mlle Kyle, so it must make sense if you knew her as well." Dick let out a chuckle.