Chapter 12: Gifts/Flowers

November was finally here and Amira hated it.

"Is it really that cold?" Selina asked, watching Amira put on a jacket before boarding off the jet, wondering how she was able to change so quickly out of her costume from last night.

Her father insisted for the two of them to use the jet, much to Amira's annoyance. She didn't want to be seen using Wayne tech and even less be seen with his...lady. Throughout the entire flight, Amira had to sit in uncomfortable silence.

She felt as Selina judged her every movement.

"Sadly, something causes me to become weak towards the cold." Amira muttered, pulling her suitcase behind her. "So where will you be staying?"

"With you." Selina joked, earning a glare. "Unless you have a better idea."

Amira looked out into the distance as they awaited their cab, thinking of a decent place for Selina to stay but also a place where she can keep an eye on the Gotham thief.

"I might just know a place."

-----

"Dupain-Cheng. What are you doing here?" Chloe remarked, one hand on her hip while the other just hung by her side.

Out of all the people to entire her father's hotel, Marinette was the last person she'd thought would ever step foot into it. After all, she was just a commoner. "And who's this?"

Chloe watched as the woman standing next to Marinette simply looked at her, her head tilting a bit to the side.

"Why hello to you as well Chloe." Marinette spoke, Selina watching the two girls converse. "As for why I'm here, my father's...friend needs a place to stay while in Paris."

Chloe checked Selina from head to toe, scoffing at the slightly sheer black top with white leather jacket and white pants combo.

"Sure she can afford this hotel? After all, this is the best hotel-"

"I know Chloe. Don't doubt it and hence why I referred Selina to this hotel." Marinette said, wanting to roll her eyes. "Otherwise, I wouldn't have brought her here." Chloe huffed as she watched Marinette lead the woman to the front desk.

She watched as Marinette helped the lady fill out a few papers when the lady pulled out a black card from her wallet.

A black card...

Rushing to the desk, Chloe slammed her hands next to Marinette.

"Dupain-Cheng. Who is she?" Chloe asked, watching as the woman signed a paper.

"Oh? You don't recognize her?" Marinette let a grin grace her face as she watched Chloe turn pink. "She's Bruce Wayne's fiancé, Miss Selina Kyle."

"What?!"

-----

"Amira, what did you do downstairs?" Selina asked, wondering what exactly happened between Amira and the other girl downstairs. She didn't understand a word, but she knew something juicy happened. After all, the blonde girl quickly tried to converse with her, even when her English was heavily accented with French.

"That girl is in my class; she's also the mayor's daughter. She just asked me how I know Gotham's wealthiest man's fiancé. I simply told her you were a family friend. Nothing more, nothing less."

"How did you know I was engaged to your father?"

"Happened two nights ago while I was gathering a few more intel around a case of mine." Amira confessed. "Amazed me to see how much trivial info my father had on you."