Kappa

The tall glass room was filled with light. It was the only place I the city where the sun shined from sunup to sundown, everywhere else, the thick border wall kept much of the city in shadow for a good portion of the day.

The kree wondered idly if that was on purpose.

He knew that the Vrul needed sunlight to survive, so was it a wonder that the council kept themselves in light all day while leaving the rest of the city partially in shadow. Did they intentionally keep sunlight and energy away from the population to keep them in line.

Not that he cared all that much, but it was interesting to think about.

Next to him, floated another Vrul.

This one was a strangle little creature, small and unassuming but with a heir about him that just didn't seem quite right, or maybe it was a she? He wasn't sure, that was assuming they only had two sexes, he didn't know a whole lot about Vrul. He had only ever worked closely with the burg, but since they had come under new management, he was forced to find work elsewhere.

They continued to wait.

"What is taking them so long." He muttered. He wasn't used to be kept waiting, it didn't matter who happened to be the ones keeping him waiting. He came on time and he didn't come for free, so they were going to have to pay him extra for all the time they were wasting.

Beside him the Vrul remained very still and unmoving.

It was.

Weird.

It didn't act like other vrul he knew of. It wasn't that it was humanized like other aliens he had met, but it was just..... wrong.

It wore a mask over it's face in a way that he had never seen any Vrul do.

He had to admit he was curious.

Eventually there were voices at the head of the chamber, and the Vrul council made their leisurely floating way into the room. They had the heir of easy power, and a complete disregard for anyone and everyone's time.

He resisted the urge to spit on the floor.

Politicians

They formed into a large circle, each one floating in front of one of the wide arcing windows.

Not once did his companion make a move.

"The council welcomes you to the second Vrul city, outsider."

He ruffled his fathers, "Keep treating me like this and you can unwelcome me."

They did not seem to care, "We understand you are a busy creature, but a few minutes will well be worth your time if you are patient."

"Go on then, impress me."

They didn't seem so inclined and continued on normally.

"We have a job for you.'

"No really? I thought we were here for brunch..." A human word, he had stolen it and he rather liked the sound of it. The Kree were probably the only creatures in the universe who could mimic human voices properly. Sure other could try, and some even succeeded to a degree, but Kree were the only ones who could actually speak.

They glared at him, but he didn't care. IF something happened, he could simply smash the glass and fly out the window.

He wasn't worried.

"We have a problem we want you to deal with. And we want it done discreetly."

"As per usual."

"Someone has been..... openly speaking out against government rule.'