Generous Donation

"Stop tugging on it."

"But they are so tight. I feel so stupid."

"You ARE stupid, so the pants change nothing."

"Ha, ha you are hilarious, but seriously though, did guys actually wear these back in the day, its covering nothing."

"Come on Ramirez, I didn't peg you as someone who had issues showing people his body."

"Well no, but there is just something rather wrong with these pants."

They were a little tight around the crotch area, but that had sort of been the fashion back in the day. While the 21st century had been into muscular athletic bodies kind of like the romans, some of the earlier human societies had praised.... Manhood

Adam adjusted his frock coat and touched the brim of his hat to a passing lady who blushed and curtseyed to him before passing on. Ramirez turned sharply to watch her go before turning around. The two of them looked up to stare at the large mansion looming over them against the yellow sky. The mansion sat at the edge of a large grey cliff-face and looked out over a lush alien landscape. The sky was a strange huge of butterscotch yellow, and the plants around them flickered a gentle blue in the breeze. The house itself was built in old Victorian fashion with many windows and jutting spires that made it look rather more like a palace than it did like a mansion.

The road leading up to the doorway was gravel, and they had been brought here on carriages drawn by strange beasts. Adam knew for sure that this strange moon had not yet produced life sufficient for those size of creature, so he assumed they were imported pack animals.

Lanterns of some sort had been lit to the sides of them as more carriages began to arrive. People were beginning to filter towards the doors, from which emanated the lilting waver of a string quartet already past the point of rehearsing and ready to greet the incoming crowd. Adam was caught in the arm by a familiar face in the crowd.

Captain Kelly took him by the arm.

He had to blink at least once to recognize that it was her. She had her hair done up in tight black braids, and wore a rather voluminous ball dress likely complete with hoop skirt and tight bodice in a deep sort of blue color. He had to pause for a moment and rethink what he knew about her. Not once in the time they had worked together had he ever seen her dress outside of anything that wasn't strictly UNSC professional.

IN fact he was coming close to the assumption that she had just bee born in her uniform.

Despite all that she kept her head held high and looked rather elegant and comfortable in the gown.

"Admiral."

She offered her arm, he tilted his hat again and took her arm.

"Sargent, Pick your jaw off the floor will you."

Ramirez scrambled to do as Admiral Kelly said as the three of them walked towards the open doors of the mansion. Peering through the doors they could see polished white black and white marble floors nearly concealed from end to end by dancing bodies and swishing hoop skirts as men and women danced to the music.

"So, Admiral, did you find anything on the scans?"

Adam shook his head as they passed through the doors handing their cards to the waiting butler.

"Admrial Adam Vir, Admiral Tala Kelly, and Guest!"

Ramirez frowned as two of them bowed low, one of them curtseyed, and they headed out onto the open ballroom floor.