The Polaris Question

"The polar stars of two planets, it can hardly be a coincidence."

"Admiral, Polaris can be seen by plenty of planets in the milky-way its hardly a coincidence."

"Yes but two habitable planets sharing the same polar star in opposite directions is a little more than coincidence.'

The group of them stood around the table in the "War room" Adam leaning into the projected star map, which cast thousands of tiny pinpricks of light all around the room. He hadn't needed to do it, but he wanted the visual representation, almost as a way to assure himself that he wasn''t simply harboring some hopeful delusion, but no, there it was Polaris Earth and Anin, locked together in a spinning spiral dance.

"I grant you it is a billion to one chance but still not impossible."

"It is." He insisted, "Especially if you consider Polaris is showing evidence of life."

"Yes we know that sometime in the distant past SOMEONE traveled to Polaris to set up this contraption, but that isn't the same as there being life here."

Lord Celex adjusted his position from where he sat on the table. He was looking tired, and his son was hovering nervously at his side, though he made no move to intervene lest he insult his father's honor, "I agree with the Admiral."

The room turned to look at him, going quiet.

Lord Celex shifted, "If nothing else, I think it is highly likely that whoever made the contraption at least knew that Earth and Anin existed if not had soemthing to do directly with the two planets crossing the way they do."

Adam was nodding pleased to find his opinion supported by, who he considered to be, the expert n ancient civilizations. After all, The Celzex as a species were the longest lived species in the Milky way.

He turned to look at Lord Celex with that thought.

"And the Rundi were the first species that you were aware of?"

Lord Celex nodded, 'As far as I can recall of our history, yes. We were aware of them as soon as they bothered to step out of their own atmosphere and go foraging for pretty space rocks in their backyard."

"Even with them being in another galaxy?"

Lord Celex nodded, "Yes, after all during that time neither of your planets had managed to make it past primordial soup at that time, though they were on our lists of likely habitable planets.

Adam's eyes widened slightly, "So you knew that we were there before we knew?"

Lord Celex shrugged, "We were aware of you when all earth had was big ugly lizards."

This new information was both interesting, shocking and very exciting, but he was blocked from asking more questions as Sunny began fidgeting with his star map. There was a sudden burst of light as little green dots appeared throughout the space.

"What are-" Adam began, but Sunny held up a hand to stop him.

She didn't need to tell him for a second time as Adam froze seeing something he had not expected to see.

"IS that?"

"I believe it is, It didn't come up on the scans earlier."

Adam hurried forward eyes wide mouth hanging open as he leaned in to examine Sunny's discovery, "No..... is that?"

The group of them watched in silent awe as little green lines traced their way through space branching from Polaris to Anin To earth before branching a second time to the Celzex homeworld, and one other location marked with a green dot.