The Vascular System

Brought to you by The Silver Sky Network

I am Caelum, and you are watching the Nature Chanel

"Who was the first human you met?"

"It was actually doing some ecological conservation work on Irus. They happened to come in with a team of scientists working on the same project as me, and we got to talking. Had a lot in common actually, and obviously considering my curiosity for different sorts of life, I asked her a lot of questions , and she seemed really excited to answer them. I've said it before and I will say it again, I think humans get a bad rap in the galaxy. People like... like my brother, tend to sensationalize humans, when in all reality all the stuff you hear about them is only true to a certain point, or its out of context or what have you. Like that whole thing about humans eating meat, which is true, but people like Mendex will have you believing humans use their teeth to strip meat from the bone raw, when in all reality humans can't eat anything that isn't cooked most of the time, and their teeth aren't strong enough to strip flesh from bone on most occasions, so they never do it. A lot of people talk about how humans can lift five hundred percent their body weight or some sort of nonsense, and that is true, a human IS capable of lifting something that heavy in dire situations, but what they forget to tell you about is the aftermath, where the power from that lift stripped their muscle from their bones, and they might never physically recover from it."

"You seem very passionate about this subject. Why did you decide to do this series on humans when ou usually only do your series on non-sentient life."

"I just wanted to get the truth out there, and let's be honest, everyone wants more content about humans, they are a big deal, and from what I have seen no one has been doing them justice. I just wanted to be a part of soemthing good."

"That's a very honorable way to look at things. Out of curiosity, how do you feel about LFIL relationships, humans being romantically involved with other species."

"I say its none of my damn business what they do with their romantic lives. I don't think the GA should have absolutely any say in what they do or who they are involved with. They aren't hurting anyone simply trying to be happy, and that is soemthing I think we should all be able to get behind. As far as my own personal opinion on the subject, I have no problem with it at all. I've never found a human attractive, but I have known people, who will remain nameless of course."

"So you support their cause."

"I would say I do."

"Are you bothered that that opinion might lose you support."

"You're a funny guy, really. I couldn't care less, and honestly if they have an issue with my personal beliefs, than they can stop watching my show, but at the end of the day, one things is important to me, and that is that people are happy safe and being represented fairly in media."

***

The stopwatch ticks with all the inevitability of time, always moving forward. The race is on, and these humans have been training for months for just this moment.

Here in the water, humans are far outside their natural habitat.

They don't belong here.

But you wouldn't think that by looking at them.

Humans are one of the only sentient species in the galaxy that can survive any amount of time in deep water. Rundi and Bran react to water with an extreme allergic reaction, Tesraki can't swim, and Both Vrul and Gromm are capable of floating in water without any adverse effects, but none of them can swim like humans can.

Humans were originally designed for survival in the trees of the African Savana, but evolved over time to prefer wide open grassy plains. Humans are at their element running over long distances.