DnD

"Alright, Adam. It's your turn, what would you like to do?"

"I want to uh.... Stab him with my sword?"

"Ok, make an attack roll for me."

Sunny peered around the side of the doorframe into the mess hall where an entire table of her friends were sitting with Maverick at the head. She frowned slightly in confusion as she looked at the set up to this strange game. Sunny had played plenty of human games, card games, bored games, strategy games, but she had never seen a game quite so..... complex as this. There was a board on the table, sure, but it didn't have a trail as it usually did. There were pieces on that board to, but in no particular order. There were no cards, but there were plenty of dice, and dice in all different sizes.

Each player had at least two to three pieces of paper pulled up in front of them, if they weren't using holo-projections, and Maverick, only, had a screen set up before her face, so that no one could see what she was doing behind it. Dr. Katie had a calculator sitting next to her as she adjusted her glasses.

Adam reached down and rolled the largest of his dice and waited for it to roll to a stop.

He frowned at is did.

Krill cackled.

"Uh that's a.... that's a one."

Maverick shook her head and grinned, "You know my rules about natural ones Adam.'

He huffed in frustration as Krill buzzed louder clearly enjoying this.

Maverick glowered over at krill, "Since Krill is laughing, he agrees to be a part of this. Adam, you miss so badly that your sword falls out of your hand and stabs..... sorry Krill what was your character's name."

"Lord Punchface."

Katie snorted.

"You drop your sword and it stabs lord Punchface in the foot."

"Dammit." Krill muttered.

More dice rolled.

"Wait, doesn't he have to roll an attack to see if he can beat Krill's armor class." Lord Avex pointed out helpfully.

"No, this was a natural one, he failed so badly that the universe aligned itself to stab lord punch face in the foot. Krill take 5 points of piercing damage."

"Sorry krill, I tried." Lord Avex said, adjusting the paper under his foot.

"Shit." Adam muttered.

"that's what you get for playing a bard." Katie said.

Sunny walked over tilting her head at Ramirez who scooted to the side to let her sit between him and Adam. She nudged Adam a little but he waved her off, "In a minute Sunny," He huffed, "Fine, I use my bonus action to cast bardic inspiration on lord punchface as an apology for stabbing him in the foot. I would heal him, but, what was it, seven points of healing doesn't seem worth it."

"Alright Krill you get one D6 bardic inspiration to add to any attack roll, saving throw, or ability check."

Adam turned to look at her and smiled as she looked over the board, "What game are you playing, I haven't seen this one before."

"Lord Avex, it's your turn."

Lord Avex drummed his foot against the ground, "First of all, I am going to take this time to rage, then I am going to turn into a grizzly bear and make two claw attacks."

Sunny shook her head, "You turn into a.... bear?"

She looked at adam for explanation who was still sitting and pouting at his dice, "Maverick, I think these dice are broken. The statistical likelihood of me rolling nat ones that many times just isn't possible."