Chapter 3: Prequel Chapter 2

Disclaimer.

I don't own High School DxD, or any of the other copy right stuff that may be included in this story.

I don't make any money off of it and only write this for my own enjoyment.

If criticism of religion bothers you, please don't read this story. Also, why are you reading DxD, a story which makes heroes out of devils, if criticism of religion bothers you?

Sona Sitri walked with obvious uncertainty towards the address listed on the business card given to her by her mysterious guest and new fiance; the sorcerer and alchemist named Ambrose Dragon-Slayer. Someone who just might be Millicas Gremory, Maō Lucifer's missing son. A lot was riding on this meeting; her future was on the line, perhaps even the future of the devils if her suspicions of his origin were true. All this didn't take into consideration the mysterious purpose Ambrose had for wanting to meet with her in the first place. She gave no thought to the little black dress she was coerced into wearing, nor the appreciative eyes on some of the humans she passed on the sidewalk. In all honesty she did feel … sexy in the dress, it gave her a bit of confidence; something she felt she desperately needed at the moment.

She was thankful that he lived in a safe part of Kuoh. It was a well lit area; the apartment building was near shops and restaurants which stayed open well after dark. While Kuoh was generally a peaceful city, it did have its abandoned buildings that were sometimes frequented by stray devils. Not that she would be worried if there was an incident, she could handle anything humans or strays could offer. Still, it was nice to know she wouldn't be harassed, she had more to worry about in this moment than strays or a drunk human with wandering hands.

As she approached the apartment building, she took note of the building itself. It was a nice building; new, still clean, and had a small wooded area in the block across the street that had yet to be developed. She frowned for a moment as she approached the door, realizing that she had to be buzzed in, and didn't find an apartment listing with the name "Dragon-Slayer" on it. Checking the address again, she saw there was an apartment number listed on the card itself and she then found and pressed the appropriate button.

"Sitir-san?" Ambrose's voice came out on the intercom after a moment.

"Yes." Sona replied with more confidence than she felt. "I'm a little early, I hope you don't mind."

"No, not at all", he replied over the intercom. "Press and hold the intercom button while I key you to the wards. Look across the street, the front door is at the corner on your right."

Blinking in surprise, she did as was instructed and held the intercom button.

'Look across the street?' she wondered and looked...

Her eyes widen in surprise as the wooded area, the undeveloped block across the street, began to shimmer. The illusion of the trees fell and a building began to take shape in its place. It was a large French city home, built from a gray stone that was not indigenous to Japan. It was five stories tall and the property took up the entire city block. The house itself only took up half of the block, but the entire back yard of the property was walled in the same gray stone house was built from. She crossed the street and noticed an ornate gate in front of her which lead to what she assumed was the backyard. Through the gate she could see a garden, hedges, and she heard the sound of running water from either a fountain or a pool.