Chapter 16: Season 1, Chapter 8

Disclaimer.

I don't own High School DxD, or any of the other copy right stuff that may be included in this story.

I don't make any money off of it and only write this for my own enjoyment.

If criticism of religion bothers you, please don't read this story. Also, why are you reading DxD, a story which makes heroes out of devils, if criticism of religion bothers you?

It was late in the evening when Sona trudged through her apartment door, feeling as if she spent the entire day putting out small fires. First it was the perverted trio incident, then there was Saji's cruel words at the small party she organized, followed by another tense meeting with the Gremory peerage. After that, she had left for the administration office in order to try to make the Kuoh Beautification Club a permanent fixture to the Academy.

Dealing with any administrators was always a chore no matter the organization; luckily they were easy to manipulate if you knew what buttons to press. The first step is to identify a problem in a manner which makes them want to take immediate action, a casual reminder that what the perverted trio was doing was illegal ensured that they could no longer ignore the problem. But pointing out a problem without providing a solution is just complaining, so she explained to them how the Beautification Club benefited the faculty by providing a detention activity that requires no adult supervision. By pointing out that the new club had very little overhead and wouldn't cost any additional funds pretty much sealed the deal.

"Things like this usually boils down to money and how much time it will cost." Sona mused to herself as she kicked off her shoes and headed to her bedroom to change out of her school uniform. "Now Kuoh's Beautification Club is a legitimate club and detention center, that way I can keep at least two thirds biggest perverts in line."

She paused as she entered her bedroom, noticing that she had a communication request on her private channel that she shared with her sister, Serafall. Curious as to what was so important, she quickly created a magical communication circle and contacted her beloved sister.

"So-tan!" Serafall happily cheered. "Welcome home."

"Thank you, Onee-sama." Sona replied with an exhausted smile of her own.

"Nee, So-tan, what's wrong?" Serafall cutely asked, "You look tired."

"Just the end of a long day."

"Want to tell me about it?" Serafall genuinely offered, "You can share anything with your big sis."

"It's just school problems, nothing you need to worry about." Sona replied, waving off her sister's concerns.

"So-tan." Serafall cutely pouted. "You never tell me anything anymore."

"What do you mean, I don't tell you anything anymore?" Sona asked in confusion. "We spoke all night only a few days ago."

"You didn't tell me about your date." Serafall suddenly said. Her cheerful demeanor now completely absent, replaced by a disturbing seriousness that the Maō very rarely displayed. "You should have told me you were going to see Governor Yasaka."

"To be honest, it slipped my mind." Sona replied, surprised that her Onee-sama knew of what she had been up to. "Don't worry, I conducted myself as a proper representative of the Sitri clan and the Devil Nation."