Chapter 27: Season 2, Chapter 5

Disclaimer.

I don't own High School DxD, or any of the other copy right stuff that may be included in this story.

I don't make any money off of it and only write this for my own enjoyment.

If criticism of religion bothers you, please don't read this story. Also, why are you reading DxD, a story which makes heroes out of devils, if criticism of religion bothers you?

To say that things were spiraling out of control for Rias Gremory would be an understatement.

"But things could always be worse." She reminded herself as she silently crept up the stairs.

Rias buried the humiliation she felt at having to sneak around in her own club room. She was Buchou, [King], she was Rias Gremory the heiress to the Gremory Clan; yet here she was skulking around her own private headquarters to see if her unmanageable nephew was in a good mood. It was a surprise to discover her nephew had willingly walked into her Club Room to see Gaspar, but it presented an opportunity Rias couldn't afford to lose.

"The last thing I need is Ambrose getting involved with these exorcists." Rias thought as she steeled her nerves and prepared herself. "It's bad enough that Yuuto has run away. If Ambrose some how gets mixed up in this mess with the exorcists then it would become a complete catastrophe."

Peeking around the corner, she peered into Gaspar's room and couldn't help but smile at the sight. It seemed that Gaspar was hosting a little lunch party with Ambrose, Koneko and surprisingly enough Sona's [Knight] Tomoe as well. Normally Gaspar would avoid people or perhaps hide in his coffin or a cardboard box whenever someone came to see him, but Rias was astonished to see him sitting cheerfully on Tomoe's lap. Her little [Bishop] was growing out of his shell and making his own friends.

"I can't believe you wanted a durian flavored plasma juice." Ambrose groused as he gave Gaspar an exasperated look.

"Why, it's really good?" Gaspar happily replied as he drank his juice box.

"It smells like rotting onions and cheese." Ambrose continued to complain, his nose curling in disgust as he recalled the scent.

"Hey, Gaspar?" Tomoe spoke up, causing the little dhampire to look up at her with wide curious eyes. "Do you eat normal food?"

"Sometimes..." Gaspar explained to the girl as he rocked back and forth in her lap.

"Gaspar ate all the mochi the other day and didn't save me any." Koneko softly spoke up as she continued to enjoy her cake.

"But Koneko-chan..." The little dhampire whined. "There were only two pieces left in the box. You ate all the rest."

"Hmph." Was Koneko's only reply as she took another bite.

"Gaspar, if you like sweet so much then I could take you to a great confectionery shop." Tomoe mentioned, her face burning red. "We could go, just the two of us."

"You mean outside?" Gaspar panically asked, his eyes growing wide and fearful at the idea. "With people?"

"She's asking you out on a date, dummy." Koneko explained, looking at Gaspar as if he were thick headed.