Chapter 9: Season 1, Chapter 1

Disclaimer.

I don't own High School DxD, or any of the other copy right stuff that may be included in this story.

I don't make any money off of it and only write this for my own enjoyment.

If criticism of religion bothers you, please don't read this story. Also, why are you reading DxD, a story which makes heroes out of devils, if criticism of religion bothers you?

Kuoh Academy was owned by a private limited liability shell corporation who's paper trail lead to people that didn't actually exist. These people didn't exist because they weren't exactly people, they were devils.

Maō Lucifer and Maō Leviathan were not going to let their younger siblings run off into the human world and go to school on their own. Devils were known for excess, so to ensure their younger siblings got the best education possible in the human world, the two Maōs built Kuoh Academy and hired the best teachers and faculty money could buy. So while Sona Sitri, or Souna Shitori as she was known publicly, didn't run the school, she was related to one of the owners and thus had the keys to come and go as she pleased.

It was also fortunate that Sona wanted to build her own school in the Underworld, and that her sole purpose for agreeing to come to the human world was to study its education system. This meant that Sona knew the ins and outs of not only how the teachers ran their classrooms, but also how the administration functioned.

Sona, Tsubaki, Momo, and Ruruko silently made their way across the dark hallways of Kuoh; their devil sight allowed them to successfully navigate the shadowy pathways. Their mission was to infiltrate Kuoh Academy and place Ambrose's school records, that had been properly modified to be used for the non-supernatural world, into the school system so he could begin taking classes the next day.

"Or this morning, as it were, since it's now past midnight." Sona thought to herself as she led three members of her peerage through the dark school hallways. She was glad she had previously insisted on maintaining secrecy when Ambrose first walked into her office, back when she suspected him of being Millicas Gremory. This secrecy would prove useful if Ambrose and her were to effectively carry out their ruse to change the future. Her [Queen] Tsubaki, [Bishop] Momo, and [Pawn] Ruruko were going to to be her co-conspirators; however, they could never know the full depth of the plan that was about to be implemented.

"Kaichō, if the Dragon-Slayer is not Millicas then why are we here so late?" Tsubaki questioned, yet dutifully followed her [King].

"You recall the Dragon-Slayer saying that he had business with me?" Sona asked and received a nod in return. "He provided me with information; Fallen Angels are going to infiltrate Kuoh City and will begin to covertly attack us and the humans here."

"What?" Momo asked in shock, only to be shushed for her loud outburst. "But why?" Momo whispered back.

"He's not sure, but they might have gone rogue." Sona whispered back. "We don't know for certain. What we do know is that they will definitely attack."

"How did he come by this information?" Tsubaki questioned.

"Sorcerers aren't aligned with any celestial faction." Momo explained. "It's possible he over heard something he wasn't meant to."

Momo had come from a family of magicians, so knew the ins and outs of magical society quite well. Momo's father had close business relations and had a 'magician's pact' with Sona's father, so the two girls knew each other quite well.