Sick Day

Y/n is sick and Spencer takes care of her

(No, she is not pregnant. I can smell the comments)

___________________________

You had been feeling ill all morning. You called in sick to work, Hotch telling you he understood, and you've been transferring yourself between the bed and couch. You mainly watched tv, not bothering to eat because you couldn't keep anything down. Water was a pain to swallow but you choked it down to at least have something in your system.

You threw, yet again, another tissue into the garbage can. Spencer messaged you every other hour to ask if you were okay and if you were eating. You mainly delivered the same replies, somewhat listening to his advice.

You curled up into the blanket and fell asleep on your side, the tv softly playing in the background.

Spencer came home from work that evening a little earlier than usual. He asked Hotch if he could leave as soon as he finished his paperwork and he agreed. He had never read his paperwork at such incredible speed before but he wanted to get home.

Spencer quietly unlocked the apartment door and kicked his shoes off. He walked in and saw your body laying on the couch, dimly lit by the tv. He saw you shake slightly in your sleep and his heart ached. He set his messenger bag on the ground and turned the tv off, making his way quietly into the kitchen.

He flicked the light on and looked around. He knew you hadn't eaten much, the cabinets were still the same when he saw them earlier before work. He sighed and opened the fridge, grabbing a bottle of water for you. He closed the fridge and jumped when he saw you awake on the couch.

"Shit... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." He apologized profusely, making his way over to you. You tried to speak but grabbed your head as it started throbbing.

"Headache?" You winced and nodded. "Alright come here sweet girl." He opened his arms and squatted to your level.

"You'll get sick." You croaked.

He sighed. "So what? I'll get to spend more time with you."

You giggled and slowly unwrapped your cold body from the blanket. He picked you up and you wrapped your legs around his waist, arms around his neck.

"Sleep is beneficial when you're sick." Spencer whispered, making his way into the bedroom. "The bed is also way more comfortable." He set you down and placed a kiss on the top of your head. He handed you a cold bottle of water and told you to wait while he disappeared into the bathroom.

You got situated under the covers, propping yourself against the headboard when he walked back in, pills in hand.

"Take these. They won't cure you but hopefully you can sleep." You nodded and took the pills. You capped the water and turned on your side, hoping for a restful night.

Spencer slipped in on the other side. "Goodnight my love, sleep well."

It wasn't a restful sleep.

You tossed and turned all night, switching between sleeping under the covers to moving them off you. You found a happy medium by keeping only your lower half under the blanket.

By 2am you shot out of bed and ran into the bathroom, throwing up whatever was left in your system. Spencer wasn't too far behind, kneeling to hold your hair and rub your back. He grimaced away from the bowl, pushing his discomfort away to help soothe you.

"Sorry for waking you up." You muttered. You flushed the toilet and shakily stood up. Spencer handed you mouthwash which you gratefully accepted.

He led you back to bed and spooned you, not minding the sick germs that roamed your body. The next time you woke up was at 10am.

"Aren't you supposed to be at work?" You groaned turning around in his arms, your head still throbbing.

"I called in sick." He smiled at your confused look.

"Spence don't let me be the reason you miss work or else you'll actually get sick."

He just shrugged. "I might already be sick but symptoms aren't showing."

"God I must look terrible." You sniffled.

"No you don't, you're as beautiful as ever." He whispered.

"Yeah I'm so beautiful hovering over the toilet bowl." He chuckled and softly kissed your warm forehead.

"My beautiful girl." He whispered.

Spencer got up and tied the strings of his plaid pajama pants. "I'm making you soup. Stay here," He chuckled. "Not that you're going anywhere."

If you had any strength you would've punched him.

A few minutes later, he returned balancing a very full bowl of soup in his hand. He moved the nightstand over by your side and set the bowl down, replacing your old, warm water with a new cold one.

You sat up quick, maybe too quickly because you needed a minute for the world to stop spinning.

"Dizziness huh?" You rubbed your eyes and nodded your head.

"Yeah."

Finally being able to see straight, you started to eat the soup. You took slow, cautious bites in case you would need to run to the bathroom again.

You unknowingly shivered and Spencer walked to the linen closet, taking out a smaller blanket and wrapping it around your shoulders. He sat behind you and started to rub your back, humming a random song out of tune.

You relaxed, finally able to keep down the soup and having Spencer expertly soothe your aching muscles. He moved his hands to your shoulders, softly rubbing out the knots.

Once you finished your soup you thanked him and he told you it was no problem. He took the bowl away, washing it in the kitchen, and turning on the tv once he came back.

He laid on his back and opened his left arm, inviting you to lay with him. You rested your head on his chest, clutching the blanket around your shivering body. He turned on your favorite show and started slowly rubbing random shapes into your back.

"Shivering is quite the opposite of sweating." He quietly whispered. "Sweating cools our bodies by putting a layer of liquid on the skin. Whereas shivering tightens the skin and shakes our muscles. It's actually a process that conserves and generates heat."

You smiled. Hearing him ramble on always made your heart flutter. It made you feel even more giddy when his eyes lit up after finding out you had been listening.

For the rest of the day you were cuddled up against Spencer, him lightly tracing your back and spouting out facts about illness.

"Spence?"

"Yes pretty girl?"

"I love you so much."

"I love you so much." He kissed the top of your head. "Now let's sleep and boost our immune systems hm?"

You giggled and nodded.

"Let's boost our immune systems."