Not Gone

You and Spencer went into the unsubs house. It was just one guy so you thought you could handle it. No backup. The unsub killed women who resembled a girlfriend he couldn't have.

You walked in, guns drawn. Checking every corner of the house until there were no more rooms. Spencer came from the basement with nothing.

You both stood in the hallway giving each other concerned looks as you hear faint shuffles across the ceiling. An attic.

You both look up and before you can react there's gunshots.

You and Spencer manage to fire off some shots as well before falling to the ground. You heard a loud thump. You got the unsub.

Spencer got hit in his right shoulder and hip. Wasn't too bad, both through and through. On the other hand, you got the worst of it. One in your shoulder and two in your stomach. You both groaned while trying to take in what just happened.

No one knew you were there. No one was coming.

Spencer tried to drag you but he wasn't strong enough. After several failed attempts you tell him to stop.

"Spence... just, just lay down next to me." You huffed.

His eyes were sad. He wanted to help you but his body said otherwise. What would he do if he got you off the ground? He wasn't strong enough to drag you nonetheless carry you. You wanted him next to you so if you did pass out, he was the last person you saw.

He obliged and laid next to you on the floor, as in defeat. You tilt your head to the left to look at Spencer. Your breathing was slowing. Not much time left.

"You know I love you right." You tell him. He looks over at you.

"Of course I do." His voice cracked and he gave a small smile. You smile back and return your gaze to the ceiling. His hand was intertwined with yours. You slowly close your eyes as he yells for you to stay awake. You flutter them once more, and then drifted off.

The next time you opened your eyes, you were in a bright, white room. You look over and see a sleeping Spencer. His hand was intertwined with yours, the same way it was back at the house, only now it was tighter. You smile and squeeze his hand. He wakes up.

"Oh my god, you're awake." He didn't want to startle you so he spoke in a low tone.

"Derek followed us when we left the BAU to go to the house. He said he had this feeling that he should go. And I'm so glad he did." You let out a small laugh.

"Dereks always right huh?"

"What's that?" A familiar voice asks from the hallway. It was Derek. "I'd like to hear that again." He walked in with a huge smile.

"Shut up and get over here." You tell him. You embraced him into a big hug, not caring if it hurt your wounds.

A tear formed in your eye as you thanked him, countlessly.

"Anything for you princess." His smile could heal a thousand souls.

Shortly after, he walked out, giving you and Spencer the room. His hand still rested on yours.

"I thought I lost you." Spencer spoke first. "When you passed out I couldn't help but think that was the end." His eyes were puffy and they started to sparkle when he talked about you.

You smile and give him a longer hug, reassuring that you were there and you were going to be okay.

You were exhausted from everything that happened so you made room on your bed, inviting him to get in. He followed and shifted till he got into a comfortable position. He avoided your wounds and placed his arm around your neck and the other pulling gently around your waist, bringing you closer to him. You were laying on your side. It didn't hurt but that was probably because of how high you were on pain killers.

Before falling asleep you heard him whisper "I love you" as he ran his hand up and down your back. You smile and finally fall asleep. Safe in his arms.